Saturday 26 March 2011

From Twitter 03-26-2011



@Alexandra_1608 @OzoneVibe Or in HRTs case it signifies "pathetic" #f1
@Queen_of_Snarks what is polish sausage? How does it differ from regular sausage? more like german sausage?
@Queen_of_Snarks is almost all your tv watching britland? seems like it! streaming via proxy? slingbox?
@ladyofsalzburg yep have to agree with you there. can't stick head in sand...
@OzoneVibe @Alexandra_1608 true I feel for them, but for the sport as a whole if they can't improve as an organization ... there were others
@Julesbtcc Have to agree with you. I do hate finding out the result if can't watch live, but know I have to avoid twitter/fb (maybe tomoz)
@VickyLygoeF1 where was the simulator feature? - oh just seen bbc news. wonder if on iplayer. maybe in show tomorrow
@vee8 thanks for pointing out it's not worth watching!
RT @jetlbomb: @GrandPrixDiary Here dokes the dilemma, does my phone.change the time automatically? I'm going to get up at the wrong time ...
@jetlbomb Ha Ha. That's *exactly* the problem I was wondering about too. Tho my phone does say "next alarm in 6:23 or whatever"
@jetlbomb but does get confusing. Is my alarm set in gmt, so goes off hour later in "current local time" (bst) or not. arrrgghh
@OzoneVibe it's not just auto-update, it's also how it handles DST -- and indeed any conflict btw auto-update and DST processing . @jetlbomb
@OzoneVibe pretty sure my N900 got it right last year ... eek
@jetlbomb this is the time an old fashioned wind up clock could be useful!
anyone remember how long the aussig GP usually lasts about 1:34 last year. Um 0700-0834. that might work...
Was anyone watching the web feed today? Was it still a bit jerky. looked like it.
@Sk4zZi0uS BB issues?
@EmLah :-) am not sure yet.. so you missing it too. Not being live is one thing, but bigger issue is hearing result. Arrgh
@saltyF1 tee Hee. I've had a few comments along the lines of "I see #f1 is back then"... or "my timeline was full of #f1 tweets"... :-)
@saltyF1 sounds like you certainly enjoyed the event today!
@laura_marieee 2 birds with one stone -> RT @Alexandra_1608: If you speak Spanish follow @VirutasF1 he's brilliant lol
@Queen_of_Snarks rest of family knows I'll be mr grumpy all day tomorrow if I hear. and mr anxious if not
@saltyF1 just had another facebook complaint! Saying I should put spoiler...
@unkn0wnvariable @OzoneVibe Funnily enough am capturing info on a symantec issue right now ...
@unkn0wnvariable @OzoneVibe restricting throughput, adding latency & maxing out cpu in the filtering (kernel+app)
@unkn0wnvariable @OzoneVibe Microsoft Security Essentials? win 7/windows firewall/ms intrusion detection works?
@ozonevibe @unkn0wnvariable AV seems ok, it's the symantec firewall ("NTP") that is currently causing me grief
@unkn0wnvariable Oh yes that's the other issue - firewall is giving daily BSOD TEEFER2.SYS ..... @ozonevibe
@unkn0wnvariable too right though in this case it's mandated sw... (work machine) so no option ...
@unkn0wnvariable if reported, recreated & proven to cause issue can prob get an exception (hope)
I guess the RBR simulator video isn't online anywhere? Regular bbc news not on iplayer, can't see vid on #bbcf1 site ??
@EmLah @kimifan warwick for me this weekend...
Woah my 2Tb hard drive (to extend #WHS) I ordered thu afternoon is out for delivery today. Yay!
had some great experiences with amazon marketplace in recent months. always exceeding expectations. brilliant.
@EmpireSteve http://amzn.to/ee7TBW it is 4k format, but fw apparently can handle mapping with degredation. less messy than WD. 2Tb.
@EmpireSteve I have 1+1.5 so far, and only 100Gb or so free, so the 2Tb will be a bonus (but with duplication addition is less of course)
@F1_Girl @Ste_L Funny all us #f1 freaks are busy buying new TVs - I went for one last Oct (samsung 46 led edge). Glad the motion is spot on
@EmLah definately where the train scores over the plane...!
@f1_girl @Ste_L my old one was still CRT. (albeit a decent 100Hz sony with freeview)
@F1_Girl @unkn0wnvariable Oh the legs. Samsung have so many subtle model variations - bezel, legs, features. Though for the larger size I
@F1_Girl @unkn0wnvariable went for wall mounting. Partly to be out of way-dogs (we have a puppy who's about 5 months was younger of course)
@f1_girl @Ste_L I went with open mind to compare based on picture I liked. I used to have all sony, but now more varied
@welp @andypiper Not familiar with you recent probs, don't suppose it was >£100 with CC co? If so could raise issue with them as liable
@F1_Girl Indeed! Also I have iplayerHD on TV, with a fast net connection so can at least have 720p (iplayer HD) if I miss live/sky HD!
@f1_girl @Ste_L I always look for deals. Got mine for 950 for a TV in John Lewis at 1450. And still got 5yr warranty :-) my max ££
@ste_l @F1_Girl the models do all vary though.. I figured they ALL have issues. Even the £2500 models. Just can't expect perfection
@F1_Girl @Ste_L Yep. The kids had been complaining for a while. once bernie started muttering about HD the path was set....
@CPKHarris Didn't when I tried yesterday - but that's for live. I was after the RBR sim article the bbc did
@ste_l @F1_Girl What are your favourites then?
@EmpireSteve it was a close run with WD. i wanted lower power (always on).
@melissa_RBRx Petrov was P6 - Kob was P9 ...
@ste_l @F1_Girl yep they're the top lcd producers - though in practice the panels in each set vary "panel lottery" which is a factor too
@ste_l @F1_Girl was tempted by LG 8900 - though didn't look as good as expected and couldn't find for less than around 1400 last autumn (47)
@F1_Girl they have an ok lcd model. I decided to skip plasma mostly due to burn-in concerns esp as kids etc tend to leave tv on/on pause
@F1_Girl and also power consumption. The samsun led models are brilliant for low power. Whole panel doesn't even get slightest bit warm
@EmpireSteve good
@F1_Girl Yep, I could have gone non-LED for around 700 instead of 950.. though the led one had 5yr warranty and just preferred the pic.
@F1_Girl I went 46 (for living room). 55 would have been nicer, but price jump was just too much.
@EmpireSteve yep same here
@F1_Girl I was relieved motion was ok. I have mine set to "CLEAR" - standard is not so good for f1..
@F1_Girl May be more noticeable on larger panel. I found default a bit too smooth, but it's personal preference...
@JeanneKietzmann technically challenged - prob not if changing own tyres. I just go to the tyre place...
@unkn0wnvariable yep though you'll need > 3.5 Mbps . Also whilst player is good FF/RW is a disaster (very slow) even with 34 Mbps
@unkn0wnvariable a in pressing the Ff/RW button 1/2/4/8/16 - no way (I've found) to select offset. SONY does allow this
@unkn0wnvariable the models are changing over to 2011 I expect. So might find old 2010 model cheap(er) somewhere, but out of date!
@unkn0wnvariable what bugs me is chances for new apps etc for 2010 moels once 2011 out are virtually zero. That bugs me. "future proof" then
@unkn0wnvariable <1 yr later...
@unkn0wnvariable yes, may be just as well, or media pc. I'd focus on PQ etc and only then see if small diff for internet - I happened
@unkn0wnvariable to end up with it, but it was a secondary concern. Paid less for mine (signif) than same screen in comet without internet
@unkn0wnvariable IPS very nice for colours. Desktop monitor is IPS, tho old/slow response. But def see in person - not rely on specs..!
@sAWESOMEd Wonder how much spam you're about to get now after referring to VETtels car ;-)
@EmLah not the same guy who squashed your face in the tube then..
@_pocketdynamo Our two are being done in a few weeks. :-( Sensible option though...
YAY! My new 2Tb drive arrived. going run a full check then gets added to my server pool #whs
win. off to bro's christening tomorrow. thought it was suit atire. just checked. nope. Good. not a fan ...!
@_pocketdynamo yep apparently so. have decided no more pups. Was a one-off experience. +having a girl+boy is tricky.
Will need to check os map!
Private? Been walking this way for 10 yrs.... Ummm... http://pi.pe/-83ki6z
For some reason these boardwalks freak our pup out. So he walks through muddy gunk instead.... http://pi.pe/-20i34b
Enjoying walking through the woods http://pi.pe/-f0wnxw
The exit from the blocked off field/path http://pi.pe/-299rzv
@frontieruk Probably the former -- OS map doesn't mark path as permissive or public right of way, tho many ppl use(d) it...
@frontieruk given house building etc I *doubt* it's been used for 20 years though. Possible - question for locals...
one of my plans for watching f1 tomorrow thwarted. hotel internet is restricted/slow :-( cant even load speedtest or bbc page quickly . grrr
Anyone know what data rate the regular bbc iplayer is. about 750MB/hour isn't it. Lower quality stream perhaps.
Hoping to grab hotel tv at 6am, but may fail... if so thinking about backup plan (other than forget it and sleep)
@EmmaGx been told by other inhabitants I can't use.. will have to think about working on it...
@EmmaGx don't suppose the pub over the road is open at 6am? :-(
@EmmaGx will have to work on it. Can stream 5live commentary on n900 over 3g. (could stream video but blasted voda will cost me £25 or so)
wifi is not even really fast enough to tweet....
so someone remind me, what time *UTC* is the race tomorrow - is at 0600 UTC is 0700 UK local time, with build up 1 hr before? ie 0600 local
@lau_amyf1 always get confused by timezones. As a science student ->it professional utc,24hr,si units, iso dates yyyymmdd for me all the way
Lovely 3hr meal out with parents/bro/friends. Scrummy and enjoyable. Quick coffee and not late to bed to get up for #f1
@honeybee85 thnanks mel.
@welp Oops
@kimifan the f1 fan network... @EmLah @Lord_Sir_A
@Unicorn36 i wish i knew what time *utc* the race was. Assuming its 0600 utc. Or is it 0500 utc (aus is +11 on sun so latter 1600 local)
@rachelclarkef1 yes know utc is gmt (ish lets not get into details). Just wish all times quoted utc then convert.
@welp yeah 0500 gmt but 0600 bst. So in 7 hrs...! ?? #f1
Setting an alarm. May be up a) for race b) for buildup c) an hour before anything. Who knows #sillyclockchange


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment