Monday 21 March 2011

From Twitter 03-21-2011



@honeybee85 An interesting mix, but if it works. Hope you feel better...
@Sweeping_Curves not sure where you're doing but the area south of clapham was shut today. 1"10 to soton took about 2hr ( [scenic route]
@TheOnion @jemimakiss Wonder if they have a special "fox" setting for US (I'd guess most words > 4 chars are highlighted..)
Back home, chillaxing briefly in front of news. Oh dear. But in good news breadmaker loaded for loaf in morning :-)
@ProfBrianCox <gets idea> red button option for pre-whinging audio track :-) If only [out so yet to watch... ]
Oh err. Tmobile USA acquired by AT&T -- So now only 1 gsm/umts major provider? http://bit.ly/gNtf3Z good or bad? #GeekBeatTV
@aukia fortunately I don't travel much. I have looked at it. It's on the "maybe sometime" list. !
@VickyLygoeF1 So you must have seen it now. Enjoy? We all had a great evening!
@Petronella (delayed ref bottle caps). Obviously I don't go to enogh gigs.cash donations accepted @EmLah
@slackbladd3r Happy birthday :-)
@jgbreezer probably these http://bit.ly/gxKMB4 so relatively new and no doubt plenty of sw for abs/similar so believable...
Apparently "good morning" would be traditional to say at this time, though tired+sore feet=good? Ummm... ;-) OK never mind GOOD MORNING ..
@Inacurate Ha! One of my pet peeves too. Hate it. Seems to be getting more common - usually help or reset password... :-(
@Inacurate Not noticed an issue with gmail+NM, <seems> ok (n900 though)
@VickyLygoeF1 I never understood the cher haters too. I thought she did good - quite a variety of different songs rap/dance/vocal
@VickyLygoeF1 Rebeccas selection was brilliant - diva time, and the atmosphere in the O2 was pretty electric. worst bit was when it finished
@VickyLygoeF1 I thought one-direction would be naff. Not a huge fan, but they did really well too. and the girls screaming. seriously. Ouch
@seetu definately -- hugely better. Though I've disabled superfetch due to I/O hit (impacts foreground performance too much)
@VickyLygoeF1 Just reading your xfactor tweets. Wagner - exruciating h? strange looks all around. Matt - yep superb. worthy winner def.
@VickyLygoeF1 Oh did I also say WE LOVE REBECCA ... ;-)
@OzoneVibe I know, just aching feet and tired..
@OzoneVibe only jesting; not regrets
core 2 duo, ati v5700, 3d/dx seems ok but google earth taking 70% cpu, unusable. Using sw accel? why? Ummm.... dxdiag looks ok
@Autogpcouk We went to leicester square and it was really good - we've been to southampton/portsmouth quite a number of times before and
@Autogpcouk always enjoyed. Have had slow service a few times. But last night was the best. (beef fajitas+margerrita was my option)
@VickyLygoeF1 I do think continuity was lacking though. Some video during show too long, and didn't bridge that well later on. ad-hoc.
@VickyLygoeF1 a host (even pre-recorded) would have helped pull the variety into a more consistent offering IMO
@Autogpcouk they have mid-week specials and if you prebook online a free desert (which I'd checked that, though we were fulL!)
Going to force the catalyst 11.2 onto my W500/V5700 - May be cause of GE issue & other video slowdowns. Hopefully switching will still work
Later (forced) ATI catalyst 11.2 update has made no difference to google earth. (seesmic, mail also slowing) some kind of directx issue sp1?
looks like googleearth slowdown may be a common issue -- http://bit.ly/i9s9Of
@dahowlett @danlight @monkchips Oh dear, I was going to say "what social media project". Only my view as consumer albeit UK, but SM global?
The last point made by "ramzi" here made be laugh http://bit.ly/i8E24g
#n900 - Anyone use "powertop". Wakeups/s 3G/standby/no apps. 150/ticks 55% C2.13% C3/26% C4 - typical? Trying to power-optimize...
ANyone have a working GIGABIT ethernet connection on HH3? I'm Getting problems - info at http://bit.ly/gIhTri
I currently need 3 brick walls. ANyone?
@matt_cardle_uk day off deserved I reckon. O2 must have been draining. Was there sat pm. Great show from you guys! electric atmosphere
@sxa555 having arranged a meeting & decided to come in rather than 2fh for face2face then noshow * 2 wasn't a great start
@sxa555 Think I'll make my own choice tomorrow ..
Lovely walk with the dogs :-) they're happy now!
I was just going to say I am disliking all the faceless, impersonal posts by organizations and WORSE the 1-way ones (like samsung) @sxa555
@sxa555 maybe that's a fair point, but for me I'm just unsubscribing. I see little point.
@sxa555 now if it's an announcement with an interesting link & with somewhere else to discuss that's ok
@sxa555 fair, but I've not seen anywhere they do have discussion. So fb should be part of picture but needs other things too
@sxa555 sky are engaging in dialogue on their facebook page - just started recently.
@OzoneVibe sometimes the sign of a dudd battery. I have one that does that... also my n900 goes on saying "battery" low for ages
@OzoneVibe then "recharge no" and about 1s powers off. Something in between gradually more persuasive would be good!
@nnubeh @angryjedi Best of both words - books for geek, get a kindle or other ebook reader. Loving mine :-)
@SarahAnnGreen ha ha. So predictable. I know. I'd be exactly the same. forget food/furniture/anything. Get the tech sorted!
@SarahAnnGreen Just in time for f1 then! Was that the final straw for upgrading?
@Soggous ARRRGGGHH I hate that. Empty car park - come next to you. Or on far edge of space, they go over line, or can hardly open door. Grr
@Soggous And it's the principle. I mean my paintword is sufficiently scratched and car 10.5 yrs old but I still get annoyed!
@EmmaGx I'm getting sophisticated spam. Appropriate really. 1 in 4 or so has amzn.to links?
@Soggous @sarahgb I can be a little paranoid in choosing my space. #OCD
@xplane0202 that was yesterday!
@xplane0202 same here. Cool now too rather than some apps draining power
@McLaren_Fan I was in a pub with "costa" branding and caught them making espresso using pods. Not impressed! (no problem in getting
@McLaren_Fan alternative/no charge, but felt it devalued the brand. I did taste it. Insipid and stale. Good coffee so important!)
@McLaren_Fan to be fair I did write a complaint and did get a reply though it didn't really address my point...
@SarahAnnGreen Oh at least we don't have to worry about legard, but certainly last yr I didn't watch upscaled hd for that reason - RB audio
@SarahAnnGreen Yes delay is a pain.. Some home cinma amps have dely, but usually only up to say 0.5s ? may need more.. or delay video even


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment