Wednesday 16 March 2011

From Twitter 03-16-2011



@Queen_of_Snarks thanks. WIll have to do the sums tonight.
@MorganF1 indeed. Partly about communication too. If there was a sign saying "at lunch 1-2pm" I'd feel more happy!
today's tech difficulty - audio usb device cuts out within mins when in doc.works fine directly connected to laptop ... #w500 #plantronics
@ladyofsalzburg depends on circumstances, usually does depend on caller id.
@RachEdwardsF1 :-( hopefully just a few bruises.
@jtonline A new *company* offering this but Norwich union did this many years ago
@jtonline I usually end up on IM... we all often have "optional" meetings which would *prefer* to keep free (so can't pencil in) but will
@jtonline take something of a higher priority.
@Queen_of_Snarks still need to do my predictions for fantasy #f1 ...
@Queen_of_Snarks was that the castrol one? I sent you a link to the one I intend to use on fb
@Queen_of_Snarks not seen the castrol one. wonder which is better. cant face both
RT @WestQuay: On Saturday & Sunday AutoPlanet will be bringing a slice of their showroom in-centre with a replica of Renault’s new 2011 ...
@dellacunio that's not a tech failure, it's a withdrawal of basic life support ;-)
@ladyofsalzburg with all apart from parents usually use SMS these days unless needs instant response. easier than voicemail. driving etc.
@wrightak in another area was a doctor from bahrain bbcr4 crying wanting to help ppl regardless of faction, and not being able 2 properly
@ladyofsalzburg no sales calls? Or other orgs. I guess I get too many (though still a small number)
@mycontactcentre I haven't yet. thx for suggestion. Will look to open a case to pose the question.
Well worth a read #fukushima UK gov chief science officer comments on the problem http://bit.ly/f5nh1Y #fb
Friends of the Earth claiming the UK can meet all energy needs through renewables/removing waste. Ok bring it in. Please tell me...
Looks like the UK is now advising citizens to leave northern Japan (easily said than done?) - reuters reporting ? #japan
@EmpireSteve Yes exactly ... so if they think they can please come and explain it to me.
@Shelley__Lee sunny tomorrow afternoon. No face 2 face meetings. Umm. could be WFH again. Actually works out well
followup -- seems the context of that last statement was due to disruption of infrastructure
@Shelley__Lee oops. was looking at wrong day in diary. def in office tomorrow. No sun !
@F1_Girl Eeek, really. I'd be inclined to agree. were you watching it on uk or us tv?
My Top 2 Weekly #lastfm artists: Avril Lavigne (7) & Sarah Lane and Dr. Kiki (1) #music http://bit.ly/aC2d2Q
@F1_Girl I've not started watching this series yet. Have to wait for the Thursday repeat... forgot!
@jtonline I think I know someone we can talk to about data quality and avoiding duplication of key data.....
Watching the news is so cheery tonight.
Um lovely tuna steak & veg :-)
@unkn0wnvariable not even heard of it...
Wonder if #4od is ever coming to either samsung internet@tv 2010 or sony bravia internet 2010. Why so long.Could do with theevent in comfort
@Alexandra_1608 well I'd take 3 easily if involve beach: flipflops,trainers,sandals (or boots if cold). but thats about it!
@sxa555 is often the way, though I guess it allows for inventory flexibility
@Soggous not that bad. ours always seemed hectic yet we always managed to stick close to schedule, indeed early :-)
@Lipstedo congrats :-)
@Queen_of_Snarks tell her the NHS have just done the same to her paperwork?
@jtonline Note to self. Must submit abstract.!
@unkn0wnvariable potatoe varieties other than the "2 bags for £2 " variety :-)
@unkn0wnvariable Makes a huge difference. Though I only know the basics.
@OzoneVibe Ah progress bars. Lost cause.. 1% and 99% together seem to take up 98% of the time ....
@sxa555 A certain @xplane0202 was mentioning how brilliant it was. Not so sure. (tho if it makes money good for them)
@unkn0wnvariable I rather like anya for general eating. King ed's for roast. Maris Piper for mash. new or charlotte cold.
@unkn0wnvariable used to get "whites" - now I splash out!
@unkn0wnvariable the worst thing is when something fails and the progress bar then goes backwards....
@EmLah I ended up doing same.. I folow 1333! But that list is 58 top ppl http://bit.ly/gJrGEZ - can prioritize then
@neicey Still using gowalla? I seem to have gone to foursquare only these days...
@xplane0202 na na nana (fingers in ear). don't tell me (though I've heard the subject...)
@unkn0wnvariable I saw them in waitrose I think the other week. Not tried, but nearly...
@jaylimburn Reminds me of this podcast http://bit.ly/gdzBQE #carpool with @aleksk - the subject of beach vollyball and bikins comes up :-)
@oldmanuk The 4od entries on youtube appear to be filtered out on both samsung and sony youtube applications - licensing #fail
@jetlbomb probably not target market but nothing for me....
@wildlime It works very nicely on the #n900 #maemo too. Can try #kasvopus too - same author, facebook - though early days
@wildlime still not up to #tweetdeck in many ways though..
@VickyLygoeF1 and which do you prefer (a mix?) htc-android? Do lots of tweeting/facebook?
@ladyofsalzburg I actually had to try wiping my screen when I saw the "lightning bolts" on your twitter home page! #userfail
@VickyLygoeF1 no idea. never used BB sorry. I use wierd devices... (#n900) but tweeting from phone is really useful!
@VickyLygoeF1 new toy to explore I guess...#
@eric_andersen absolutely. And we may all feel pressure at work sometimes but the social burden for those guys must be immense.
@jetlbomb now that set there's less to object to.
RT @hotdogsladies: My bank says I'd get fewer "automated fraud holds" if I:

1. Never travel
2. Never buy things online

Bank of America ...
a few days before #xfactor #live at #o2 this weekend... Should be intriguing. Looking forward most to rebecca, but also cher & others
RT @eric_andersen: Great @NYTimes piece on the 50 Japanese workers left at the Fukushima nuclear plant http://j.mp/hhUuxk /via @stshank
@opera Will there be any more updates for #n900 - current version is nice, though does crash from time to time ..
@geraintwjones @xplane0202 repeated thursday (cant remember if early hours or late) on broadcast ... No HD though
@Queen_of_Snarks didn't notice issues. may be difference between streaming and no streaming?
@xplane0202 was just thinking the same!
@hunni_h @VickyLygoeF1 @little_jodieF1 Yes not long to go *until I miss the race* (can watch later in day).. Grrr. Monaco too :-(
Good quote ""While nuclear causes calamities when it goes wrong, coal causes calamities when it goes right" (contd)
"and coal goes right a lot more often than nuclear goes wrong." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698
@little_jodieF1 work not issue (mon-fri) -- just vacation plans ...
US now saying they'd recommend 50 mile exclusion ... (source: bbc news) #fukushima #japan
@ladyofsalzburg thought it ws just going to be "ha ha. got you". Seriously I did though ! Dumb.
@ladyofsalzburg tried DM. doing my tweep review ;-) http://on.fb.me/cutZAH
@OzoneVibe yes the pressure is on Japan now despite the very "helpful" statement from chief scientific officer earlier http://bit.ly/h4aWzJ
@OzoneVibe Yes US clearly now saying "we would have done it better" Umm. not sure how helpful that is
@OzoneVibe though opinions about exclusion or particular approaches are more "objective" and reasonable
Spent a few days (!) running full surface scan, chkdsk, then defrag, and chkdsk on all #WHS disks. Now back up. still fail in 30 mins?
@OzoneVibe it's not clear what the next step is if this fails. probably a new HDD and recreation of data pool (so far just OS reinstall)
@OzoneVibe or even consider WHS v2 (no duplication), linux (which setup) or new HW (need the money for a lens!)
@OzoneVibe for now it's stayed up for 15 minutes ....


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment