Tuesday 4 January 2011

From Twitter 01-04-2011



@pj_kent no tantrums here, just grumpiness
@ananyah :-( again. Hopefully at least you can be true to yourself & be good/positive for you..
@khertan test reply (love to see that in a separate column!)
right, time for work email.
first 4 work emails - spam. next 2 - notification noise. This will be fun. (actually be good at this rate)
email client crashed. Was obviously too much for new year. Oh dear...
Sheesh. I think the company spam filters have been on vacation too!
now remembering what I was in the middle of before the vacation interveaned!
so glad I cleared inbox (nearly). before vacation. spam/notifications/easy email done. rest is real/significant work. Head to office shortly
grr. car very broken. hoping garage calls soon. even 4 miles to work is problematic
#fail - couldn't find office keys #win - once I was let in, managed to find my spare set :-)
@paulbackhouse am ok, thanks for offer. hopefully will get sorted in next few days
@Shelley__Lee My vacation is over! At work now until some time off mid Feb...
@Shelley__Lee but thanks for the thought!
@BTCare could you tell me what courier is used for homehub (infinity option 2) delivery in SO53?
my office now smells of manure. seriously... coming through aircon?
@BTCare thanks, just wanted to know to plan whether have to be in for hub deliv - RM sorting office only few miles so I know I can collect.
@rachelclarkef1 You asked for this (ref blackberry) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI @beaks_the_twitt
@jaylimburn assume you're timing a future trip for summer 2012 (US #f) ;-) get those timebombs in now
@jaylimburn I arrived late (email at home) - about 0930 & car park at least deep south*2 was deserted. Maybe everyone did email 1st!
@TheFable I often do same when WFH - just as long as no videoconferencing needed! @honeybee85
Yum! Gravadlax & salad for lunch.
OUCH! So much for stoned olives. Now my mouth is done in.
@interestedb well the gravadlax was red. to s/think like 1.70 in asda yesterday. xmas stock #win !
@icicle_halo_ are you on infinity now or just old fashioned adsl... ?
@etherealtype ok now but when first biting it think about breaking teeth. serves me right for getting juicy organic olives not anaemic ones
@nickpiper dont usually use in actual gym, just cafe/b4/after etc. voda a signif improvement in placed i live/work/visit tho 3 was ok at gym
@OzoneVibe I did install a new version last week -- if so, good news! Still functionality gaps across win/lin/maemo with diff clients
@icicle_halo_ of course it's fibre to the green box, then dsl (vdsl) from there, have you checked on bt site if any date given?
@interestedb Though I make nicer (and cheaper) coffee from fresh espresso beans in my gaggia at home. still beats the (decent) coffee:work
phew, that last sw update ended in "the packages are updates" with a nice green tick #wasscarednowhappy
@icicle_halo_ Try this one http://bit.ly/bZ5zgS and click "BT FTTC" and/or go straight to bt retail at http://bit.ly/gNnNEc .
@icicle_halo_ happy to explain a) to you over a geeky beer at the next tweetup!
@icicle_halo_ ITV reply - "we have decided to further reduce thelevel of opacity of the HD DOGS. The change will be made in the nearfuture."
@icicle_halo_ Nice to see them using the DOG term too..
went back to try firefox for a bit again, and yet again going back to chrome, it's just faster/easier
@vixisabel only had travel injections a few years ago, flu about 10 yrs ago - all painless/local surgery by nurse #gosainsburys
@lauracowen sound+java+linux+web conferencing - like aligning the planets sometimes to get working !
RT @steevbishop: An unsettling development from BT Wholesale’s broadband division creating a framework to break net neutrality: http://b ...
@lauracowen and then add it's on a laptop that you suspend/resume. eek. all should/can work but sometimes....
RT @sparkacid: BBC gamble £200m F1 deal by promoting Martin Brundle to hot seat and dropping Jonathan Legard. http://bit.ly/gmq1gA
@VeedubGeezer slightly odd article though in that brundle's been commentating alongside JL for a few years now. A new pairing sire
@lookatbowen It's DC according to that article, but just realised source is daily #fail so maybe shouldnt' take it as confirmed yet
Ah that explains the inaccuracies in that report - it's from the daily mail. Why did I bother reading it.
@sxa555 @Lord_Sugar asda was stripped of food yesterday a) post xmas normality b) incompetance c) lack of vat knowledge by clients. reckon c
@etherealtype I thought the might merge the teams. My fac was always crofty/ant. No worry dc/mb are a bit too similar...
@VeedubGeezer @anotherproblem or just have a single team? (though then there's the radio vs tv discussion).
@VeedubGeezer yep that would prob be my fav
@sxa555 I was thinking clientele/education driving to a c conclusion. Maybe different in waitrose? (may not care about rise anyway...)
@sxa555 where did you get the kernel pkg from. I must have missed the obv link. I did quick install then unpacked android bz2's #n900
@evoGage could be a hard choice to make.
@sxa555 I'm very peed off at it right now. #whs
@icicle_halo_ I sent you the reply I got via gmail.
wifes car seriously broken. keeps tripping to limp home. even driving 4 miles out of peak was painful. no more. wfh and get fixed.
tonight - no UML. android or #whs. Instead baking.bread :-) -- for first time since school. kneading done, now waiting #domesticated
.. and no technology (ie machine either) apart from oven!
@OzoneVibe I should do, just never have. will be an interesting first attempt :-)
@etherealtype I love the smell/taste. Will have to wait and see what this one tastes like!
@OzoneVibe one question. Do you need to add wine to make good bread. Am thinking it may help?
@OzoneVibe exactly :-)
@etherealtype sundried tomatoes/olives ready for a future batch but think I need practice first.
@OzoneVibe like it
@etherealtype it could be that newbie special "brick bread" :-(
@etherealtype which I dispise!
@etherealtype despise!
@OzoneVibe slight experimentation (I'm terrible) half seed/graint, half wholemeal
dinner eaten, bread risen/shaped. just proving for a bit then it goes in oven.
I know am making a whole meal of this but it's my first time ...
@kasumiastra I managed to miss ep.1/2 (busy) so hoping to catchup later. Live programs often take far few hours :-( pre-recorded are instant
@OzoneVibe I was just thinking that...
@OzoneVibe will do a before/after the oven though I'm not being overly fussy on the cosmetics, more concerned at substance...
@xspyda @Aaron_Dobson If you're referring to sky you do have option to pay £10 pcm for pvr only (though may wish to buy freesat instead)
So with #CES starting cue immediate obsolesence of all my recent gadget purchases (ebook rdr,tv,bluray etc) #fb
@LauraLeslie23 or it may just be iphone isn't for you...
@anotherproblem which arguably is a dream of any commercial org -- to create the need
@xspyda dare I say there's "BT vision" too - no experience and more of a subscription model
@xspyda presume not getting new tv at same time (if so can get freeview/sat integrated, even pvr though often single chan and ££)
@xspyda My choice would almost def be freesat - simply for choice of channels, though hd limited currently. Humax boxes are well liked
@anotherproblem agree on both counts - image, marketing, perception with good enough products. Not for me, but it's working for sales..
@OzoneVibe @SuperR0B and it def goes past, not certain where it stops but there is a stop somewhere around the school/hospital for some #1
@OzoneVibe @SuperR0B buses.. and the #1 is very frequent - 20 mins daytimes
@kasumiastra oh really. didn't know it was that variable, I've suffered with 3-4 hour waits before. Guess it's down to priority #F1
@xspyda do you know if her aerial is ok for freeview -- freesat could be neat as it's just slot-in replacement?
@anotherproblem you got it. though I do sometimes find my nerdy n900 a bit OTT at times.
@xspyda @Chris_c81 humax recon? http://bit.ly/gMKd44
@xspyda HD a bit lacking on freesat for now. may not be an issue
@xspyda I suppose potential for more channels/greater bandwidth. Don't freesat boxes have iplayer? Note that new "youview" DVBT boxes soon
@xspyda but agree - probably easier to move freeview than sat ...
@xspyda is iplayer access relevant? (needs decent bb + network of course)


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment