Saturday 1 January 2011

From Twitter 01-01-2011



@unkn0wnvariable Myspace was bigger in the US I think. I did sign up but no idea what's on there now!
@gerrymoth that must be a lot of books! I spent an hour or two yesterday going through books to figure out what I'd actually read
@gerrymoth and actually there's a lot, and accessibility is so easy, which confirmed my decision to go for a kindle.
@vixisabel sometimes too hidden, but yes. Am quite sociable really (s'pose that's why twitter works)
@OzoneVibe more likely to see reductions when discontinued. I still want to get a longer lens, was going for 70-300 but for travel also
@OzoneVibe thinking if a superzoom 18-270 or similar would be useful. Not sold on the image comprimise though (and price)
@OzoneVibe thought you were interested in the Sony's so you could use your old Minolta lenses?
@Jodie_kemp on a bowling club it sounds like
@Jodie_kemp eek, and not just a hard landing, some property damage, looks like 2 dead :-( http://bbc.in/ijew3g oh dear
@OzoneVibe Do your old lenses work fully ie with AF etc. If so that must be a stong pull, esp if you're going to start with an economy body
The smell of the ham bubbling next door (kitchen) is FANTASTIC!
@OzoneVibe by definition...
@Booooothman I am, the format/licensing issue is a pain but kindle def seems cheap/good/easy to use with "enough" content
@sarahgb @SarahNicholas @Sarah111well I am in trouble. on my 2nd load. And dinner cooking. hoover next #goodhubbie #rockandrolllifestyle
@MorganF1 I can thankfully say the # times I've spilt ie red wine out or visitors spilt at home is very close to 0... :-)
@peteralevy @Jodie_kemp that's tough esp on families. Must have been some kind of catastrophic failure :-(
@Jodie_kemp it must be a shock when it was so close to your home.
@sarahgb With kids in the house we do washing nearly every day. Very heavily used appliance! I tend to get through loads too...
@Stewzer thanks - yep I'm going to mostly stick with kindle I think, but ordering from JL so will get book offers ahead of time b4 arrives
@perrins pretty nasty - one of my fellow twitters only lives a couple/miles away. scary & terrible for families.
@jonchoo @_Nexus @jjklee I thought that was deep-fried mars bars -- or is that the prep beforehand? ;-)
@jjklee @jonchoo @_Nexus gross
Been up since 10, feeling a little tired. All happening at 2pm (parents for lunch...)
@Kateroon 2pm would be fine for the delivery ;-) #stillcantbelieveits2011
@Booooothman sounds wierd, course could a bug in TOS handling or QOS rules.. maybe just #connections? upnp was dodgy on my thomsons
@khertan sums up what seems to be the current official nokia support for n900. yr later still gr8 tho #OviStore #Maemo #n900 #Fail
@ananyah hey at least it's not today!
@ApprenticeLaura well we had some indoor fireworks. Excitement built .. and... well... they were crap! (thought counts) #newyearseve
@CateyMaxx I can't say I've looked in depth but as a consumer the beeb does some fantastic stuff with superb ppl and we should be proud...
@billt just switching to infinity. could be fun. I'm hopeful though... #BTBroadband
@danwink123 @Jodie_kemp it's not a joke. Attention can be wierd. I live here http://bit.ly/eYeXl7 - remember the met shooting sep 2007?
@danwink123 @Jodie_kemp I was at work and my office colleague turned up having been about 50m away had heard shots and left b4
@danwink123 @Jodie_kemp police even really took control. he was very close...
@_LauRawrrr_ conversely maybe we'll get all the bad news over in a few days and have a fantastic peaceful year ? hoping ...
@silentloner Made calls, text, data around midnight (ascot area) and not a glitch :-) @VodafoneUK
@billt I don't have option of VM, only way of > 4Mbps is fttc, only viable option is #BTBroadband
@CateyMaxx I watch lots of beeb content hence different perspective. Huge #f1 fun and coverage is superb #bbcqt #Marr #Eastenders
@Booooothman that may be easiest option. Could also use seperate wifi access point (if you have anything spare).
@Kateroon relatives about to arrive. cleaning done. ham pretty much ready roasties etc to do. Feeling hungry! Hope u having good one so far
@amanjon have a good eve? partying (we had quietish eve around friends) #ff
prep of nyd lunch going well. should make our 5pm 'lunch' definition...!
should be last big meal for a while. successful and scrummy. (ham)
watching the vienna new looks delightful years day concert. andre rieu - civilized after dinner tv! never been to vienna
@sxa555 no! and its bleedin annoying. samsung tv is same. all down to studio/record co licensing. on samsung muze.tv is good tho
@sxa555 actually its more-than-annoying-deserve-people-to-copy-they-are-losers-living-in-caves annoying if i'm honest
@sxa555 i made a playlist of 162 music vids. went to play them. only 5 would on either device. #epic #license #dierecordlabel #fail
time for a post lunch walk. shame its dark and cold
@dougedey waste dvd collection? still plays dvds. region unlock?
@dougedey @sxa555 i needed mine at add av sync delay for 5.1. about 50ms
@hrwildberlin yep regular electric rubbish. gas far more controllable. induction highly recomended though (at more ££)
back from walk. dogs enjoyed it.
@hrwildberlin am sure it was about electric cooking but don't see it now. Never mind..
@riveerrrrssss lovely food there :-)
@melissa_RBRx I still haven't worked out how to find it! just have old ipad and seems need app to discover?
@melissa_RBRx Just get irked that itunes is sluggish, and all apple stuff is entirely ipheon centric. know some like it. Find it
@melissa_RBRx claustrophobic ?
@amanjon Never did it for me, kids liked it when younger #Primeval
@dougedey Ah! I see... I thought it was unlockable. Grr so hate all these locks/restrictions
@melissa_RBRx I did hear (via twitter) but where does it have to be a bleepin app (that's fine as one of several mechanisms but not only?)
@sxa555 Paying for content is fine, copy protection sure (if workable), drm for renting. Understand that, but needs to not depend on
@sxa555 the technology. that's just stupid and asking for piracy imo
@dougedey I don't actually own any non-europe discs anyone so academic I guess.
@sxa555 exactly... agree it's the inconsistency/platform dependence/nonsense of it that irks me
@melissa_RBRx Exactly - found same. Apple have intentionally made it tricky to find unless you use their app and devices. Bugs me
@jtonline will prob be worse too @sxa555
@melissa_RBRx only apple prod i have is a nano though we have 2 ipod touch in house too
does #facebrick for #n900 work for anyone. fails with 104 for me
@lookingspiffy not heard of that clip?
@cmckinleyF1 @ailishcatherine ellie's gr8. listed to 'lissie' at all - one of my fav artists from 2010
@vixisabel yep terible isnt it. reely anoys me to.
@cmckinleyF1 lissie or ellie... both! agree . great live. must try and catch them sometime.
@lookingspiffy never seen it. will look out
@lookatbowen mmm. must try removing auth etc


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment