Friday 1 April 2011

From Twitter 04-01-2011



@sxa555 @dougedey no - too much confusion to the branding .... and anyway us brits are more conservative and realistic :-)
@sxa555 @dougedey HSPA+ didn't qualify for 4G according to ITU defn, but I see Nokia-Siemens have now demoed it running at 200 Mbps !!
@sxa555 @dougedey Yep I heard that. They're setting the bar at 3G - a far cry away from what the ITU recommended. hspa+ is interesting
@sxa555 @dougedey though due to it's upwards compatability, but surely will be LTE to next level (not wimax)
@sarahloumillie Cool! Never been to prague. Definately a city to visit sometime..
@sxa555 @dougedey the package isn't that bad in terms of limits IMO - though £96/month! Myself & stewart are both on fttc now (vdsl2 to cab)
@sxa555 @dougedey my package is getting me 34/8 right now, no extras, throttled p2p. limit 300Gb but removed next month. step up from adsl
@sxa555 @dougedey no fttp (ie to property) round here so no sign of 100 Mbps yet.. (actually BT going with 110 Mbps I think - marketing!)
@dougedey @sxa555 we've had a "heavy" month and are still below 200 Gb I think.
@sxa555 honestly I'm not sure as don't use P2p, but at peak times I belive it's very severe. @dougeday streaming etc still fine
@dougedey and @sxa555 is paying half the price I am...!
@sxa555 @dougedey FTTC/P rollout in UK is only starting (over last year) - long way to go.
@mcddjj Glad you live high. If you can watch that prog it's brilliant (UK proxy etc ?). That experience so alien to life here
@dougedey unlimited=25Gb. yeah right. we have issues in mobile, only three are currently doing unlimited there
gosh rather late now. so glad am NOT working tomorrow :-)
@sxa555 @dougedey Ah I've twigged. April 1st. See I knew those prices couldnt be so high and limits so low. Phew...
@mcddjj vnc for flash streaming? Use vnc to install proxy perhaps!
@mcddjj 4 mins warning tops of quake and 20 mins of tsunami. that's harsh
@mcddjj we're fortunate in that weather here in uk is very moderate - nothing severe thankfully.
right sleep time. night all! Forcast is for 16.C tomorow with some sun. Yay! #notworkingtomorrow
@hunni_h Have a good birthday!
@ananyah Happy birthday - have a good one
Surprisingly #n900 still on 50pc after 30.5 hrs. 3g connected. Wifi. Only 10 mins browsing 30+ mins tweeting apps running for hrs..
Silly me. Not that many hours at all. 18.5 still good tho
@khertan My current choice on n900 is twimgo... before that I used tweego and of course witter. but yes gravity was fantastic
@xplane0202 @jon_read I'm used to flashing my n900 where I have choice of flash kernel/rootfs/homefs & format user data (fat) - and have
@xplane0202 @jon_read installed maemo/android/meego & 2 different multiboot bootloaders. Question is I wasn't sure the equiv on android/ns
@xplane0202 @jon_read ie to zap/reset everything. Never been rooted etc. Just OS 2.3.1->2,3. Is reflash of 2.3.3 via update.zip enough?
@khertan I've not looked at khweeteur recently (will do) but I like ability to flip between timeline/mentions/DMs/list.
@khertan latest khweeteur is the one in extras-devel?
just thinking I should pop into work on my day off -- big retiremenet lunchtime bask, can drop in on way past if I get a move on....
Thanks for the #ff @DavidMorecambe (twice) @miss_f1 @KerryCherries @Davewithill @shelley_lee @sAWESOMEd @isleofwightbob
@david_hay indeed. was going to cut lawn.paint furniture but think I should go and say my goodbyes..
@saltyF1 where are you off to on hols? enjoy..
@EmpireSteve Well some do get away with it being April 1 every day. Daily Fail comes to mind ...
@macie_sherwood Some people thought that yesterday -- did you see this http://plixi.com/p/88305652
@iMismii that doesn't say good things about safari/mac - no website should be able to do that howeer heavy/bad....
@SarahAnnGreen I did fall for it last year...
@khertan thanks. Ok am sending myself the experimental tar.gz. So it's all python. will look at trying this eve (presume just unpack)
#ff <lots of people> -- later tonight!
At work on day off to say goodbye to some old colleagues. Free lunch then gym.
Wow that was a huge retirement event. many Hundreds of people in our clubhouse. Quick visit to pub for second tranche (half=driving) now gym
@jtonline Disable server certificate validation?
@jtonline i saw the prob beg of the week. Happened before. Trying to report to helpdesk would be like pulling teeth. Cant believe
@jtonline this isnt checked proactively so obvious. And defeating serv cert validation opens one up to rogue aps stealing credentials
What are disadvantages of thorium reactors (cant make weapons, failsafe-require action to run, liquid fuel more used) #nuclear #physics
Will have to read up later.....
Interesting car . Delta e4 coupe. Ok a tech demo but like!
@sxa555 was all week... Have to compare configs. Get warning but then connects
Total chinese #fail at #sainsbury lordshill. So little choice. Asda should be better. (Waitrose sat night special!)
Walked out of #sainsbury with nothing in protest. Waste of time popping in
@saltyF1 Ah it's lovely down there -- fortunately we're just 30 mins or so away from the edge nr #southampton. lovely down there.
Didn't happen here http://bbc.in/f8yIC6 #cheapmotoring
@doctorkarl --thorium -RT @EmpireSteve: @planetf1 The NNL are not so happy with thorium: http://bit.ly/g4puu6 see thorium link on the left.
@doctorkarl Just found your triple j podcast a few weeks ago - enjoying the show. Been fair bit of thorium discussion hence link..
@EmpireSteve Thanks for that link. interesting
@Sandanista thanks for the #FF
If anyone isn't familiar with the delta motorsport Coupe checkout http://bit.ly/hIUg2s -- very nice ev :-)
@Lipstedo congrats on getting in there. now you can relax and enjoy!
@EmmaGx yes, unless there's a super early #f1 race tomorrow...
@OzoneVibe oh shame... will be interesting to see the wet tyre characteristics though only want some rain not a torrent!
@OzoneVibe youtube streaming working ok here...
@OzoneVibe I mean the video isn't the best in terms of smoothness, but it's not stopping
@vixisabel and what about those that haven't sorted anything out yet. Oops.
@saltyF1 So new forest - lymington? new milton, keyhaven , barton? -- love it around there.
@OzoneVibe am playing 720p ok...
@OzoneVibe maybe an isp interconnect issue. I know linx has been having trouble in recent weeks
#ff #southampton @ozonevibe @empiresteve @imismii @jon_read @sxa555 @parboo @paulbackhouse @_pocketdynamo @andiecapes @mjserres
#ff #southampton @walkerooo - extra twitter hugs
#ff #f1 @lipstedo @sarahloumille @saltyf1 @sawesomed @miss_f1 @shelley__lee @hunni_h @slyrenard @honeybee85 @morganf1 @etherealtype
#ff #@unicorn36 @rachelclarkef1 @shellk1984 @macahan2000 @queen_of_snarks @tomredknap
#ff interesting discussions @unkn0wnvariable @littlecough @dougeday @mcddjj @xspyda @inacurate @andypiper
@etherealtype dont say. realised tho I watched idol this week, I'm a week behind. Guess it's 2 this week!
@etherealtype Do you find the audio a bit dodgy? The level of the vocalist/contestant is IMO far too quiet -- whilst instruments/
@etherealtype and backing singers are fine ... Maybe am too fussy..
@VickyLygoeF1 sound slike a good eve!. water....
@etherealtype I assume it's just a studio mix issue but is somewhat spoiling my entertainment of the good performances
@etherealtype was just about to search for "american idol audio problems" then realised too dangerous until I've watched!
LOL and #ff ! RT @Gaila88: @planetf1 since I suffered all your #f1 tweets last weekend I think I deserve a #ff too.
@Gaila88 nice one cheeky - at least you may find the british GP quieter as I'll be there!
@etherealtype I've been told off doing some spoilers and nearly blurted out the winner of the aus.f1 at bros christening in earshot of dad..
@gaila88 @SlyRenard well they say don't ask don't get...
@etherealtype I've watched idol every year I think - am sure this year is the worst for audio.. though contestants are good. idol hard to
@etherealtype avoid spoilers due to when it's shown...
It rather looks as if the @btcare FUP for Infinity (#fttc) has GONE as of 1st April. Not first hand but looking hopeful (I used 200 last)
@vixisabel indeed I am!
@AlJWright thanks for the #FF
sky hd gone into it's seems-to-work-fine-but-wont-play-anything mode. not the first time. grrr bugy sw.
Seems odd when the lenovo "wireless driver" update is 233MB.... What! course that only takes me about a minutes to d/load :-)
Reboot @skyhd and it whinges about no phone line. WHAT It's got a 30Mbps+ internet connection. So there. no phone! #oldfashioned
@SlyRenard I hadn't. will have to pay closer attention
@sAWESOMEd I will! family/relaxing weekend. Sadly no #f1 this week!
@NeilBaileyF1 yes, me too - and of course fine.. actually it's pretty reliable - manages about a month between fits it seems. not perfect
@SlyRenard @Gaila88 Just #f1 here.. though don't get all northern or I'll get confused
just wtching news article on bbc - nic hamilton doing his first race this w/end - Lewis coming back to be with him..
@Autogpcouk oh it's a fair way from me (southampton). Nope not off there. am booked up for silverstone f1 though


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment