Wednesday 13 April 2011

From Twitter 04-13-2011



@50ftwoman Taf for fb friend. interesting bio page definately a whacky shoe going on there with music/art/f1 stirred in :-)
Oh cool. looks like my TV happily plays a H264 720p stream over DLNA
So when I said the tv was doing a good job with h264. I pressed stop near end, only to find out FF/RW does not work. What a major #fail
@jonchoo tweetdeck?
@jonchoo dont have much experience of it - use N900/maemo. And jury out on next dev early 2012 android/wm7+nokia/apple ..
annoyingly my code hasn't fixed itself overnight. Why not! I demand to know... ;-)
Dead? RT @RobertAndrews: Audio: BBC Radio 4's Today looks at the precarious state of local newspaper classified ads http://bit.ly/gegBRR
@TimIgoe well not really as we'd write the code that writers the code, then fix the code that writes broken code... ad infinitum ;-)
why do people not understand how to document a phone number in standard ITU format
oh that was nice. Had great call with some indian colleagues who have been the most up to speed/hardest question asking for some tech so far
... which is good BTW!
@anotherproblem Oh dear. I assume too much sometimes. But yes it's the +44 thing
@Bobtographer I did same last year. great way to test the networks. BTW I found their 10 topup with I think 250MB data useful for month 2
Very sore throat after last call but feeling a little high with the engaging discussion and engagement. #wom
So dislike those calls where people listen and don't interact much...
@Bobtographer agreed, and "boosters" are illegal to use (generally, unless licensed/femtocells etc). Unless you mean passive "booster"
To answer Qs - I had call quoted as 011/080-XXXXXXXX (India). WIsh they'd said +91 80XXXXXXXX
I wasn't sure if 0 should be dropped and had to lookup country code. The 011 was esp. for the americans
@sxa555 of course the (0) is technically incorrect - though most understand it.
@sxa555 I hate it when forms (even telcos) won't let me put +4423xxxxxxxx etc
@TheBlowTorch relates to the way of writing international numbers ie +442312345678 - "itu" is a standards org that specifies what to do
@Bobtographer probably an active one actually - they're legal to buy but illegal to use http://bit.ly/dKU7ed
@Bobtographer though whether anyone is prosecuted/found out is another Q. I decided not to try and switched networks instead.
More on numbers (though not that end user friendly) http://bit.ly/huMT8y needed as so many differences http://bit.ly/fgJegd
@jon_read Yes it is (generally, I'm sure there could be many other strange sockets!)
@jon_read current faceplate has extension wiring connected, and when pulled reveals single test socket (so no ext. connected)
@jon_read they have new faceplate for fttc that still electrically does same, but leaves extension wiring connected to wall unit so easier
@jon_read I presume you've tested your BB previously with the test socket though?
@jon_read this is what you need - though needs a working backbone -- http://bit.ly/ibSIo6
@jon_read on the subject of BB this is quite interesting ... http://bit.ly/gwPjno
Lovely status report from a jazz server "Currently, this server does not have any friends. Click Add... to connect to a new friend." ;-)
Ah. bless. It loves to network too ;-)
@noelrooney exactly what I was thinking ... or in fact "linked in" ...
@noelrooney it also goes on to talk about friends and how it's usually a mutual/two way relationship - rather enjoyed the wording they used!
My Top 3 #lastfm Artists: Avril Lavigne (17), Jessie J (4) & Rihanna (3) #music http://bit.ly/aC2d2Q
@sxa555 yep price has been plummeting. excellent value but yep screwed for resale
Replacement #nexuss collected from #cpw thanks to @cpwcares . @xplane0202 very happy to have decent phone again!
just followed @johnnyherbertf1 :-)
home late so quick dinner. Smoked salmon fillet, sweetcorn & couscous with added herbs & grated lime. Yumm.
@ellamorton sounds dodgy.. and wonders how it differs from youtube etc. Invites always welcome, any going?
@lau_amyf1 Happy birthday to a fellow dedicated #f1 fan. Hope you've had a good day
@50ftwoman What do you make of steven tyler on american idol? May not be music style but comes across very smart, sensitive, poetic..
Yikes, wine stopper (vacuum - was just placed in tho , regular white) just popped off 50cm into air. Telling my something (finish me...)
@jon_read You obviously had a productive evening whilst others of us were at the tweetup!
@jtonline though same for all sw vendors..
May get a chance to watch first episode of #thewire tonight :-)
@xplane0202 dvd arrived from #lovefilm
@sxa555 oh no! at least in now... I did same with my car last year, but auto-locksmith got in fairly quickly/0 damage.
@Rachaelwith2As I never get around to watching them - I guess they're not on iplayer. (not that I've checked)
@etherealtype have a good time
@_pocketdynamo typical woman! for men replace chocolate with "beer" ;-)
@sxa555 guess what ringtone i on my n900 currently....
@Chl0w meatballs?
@rachelclarkef1 have you won some things then?
@Rachaelwith2As also issue with red button is you have to watch them on their schedule/loop - am so past that now!
@sxa555 that would be at home then - definately not work..
@_pocketdynamo Yes I was chatting to @Julian1967 last night - was saying how lovely it was there (right julian - U know where to send money)
So anyone else played with #vhxtv yet? Just making use of my invite ;-)
@SlyRenard no idea yet!
@SlyRenard it's a video sharing/watching/tracking service - that's about all I know
So I have FIVE invites for #vhxtv (vhx.tv) - I've only just joined so know little so far. If want invite (and follow already) let me know.
@nickyhammerton Oh fantastic! Only my second (at virgin camping, and GS at becketts) - so excited looking forward to it #GP
@_pocketdynamo breaking him in gently then!
@etherealtype I imagine so. salmon tweets probably being replaced by cocktails...?
@simondowneyf1 never seen single ep. so may as well try from beginning
@saltyF1 you off there too! Woohay! Becketts+virgin camping here. Gr8 to look forward to #silverstoneuk #f1
@popey not great. Think my first linux experience was @1996 maybe earlier. Had to write/create (well mod) SCSI driver for microchannel sys..
@McLaren_Lew_F1 yes! #F1
@OzoneVibe !! Yes I know.. though n900 usb is pretty quick.. And phone currently has 32+8=40GB ...!
@etherealtype clothing all sorted to scare the masses?
@OzoneVibe bother. you have one up there (orders new card... only joking)
@nickyhammerton yes it is a lot cheaper that way (mine's over double)
@nickyhammerton but should be a great event - atmosphere last year was electric (I was at club)
@OzoneVibe CRAZY statement. Ice cream too - come on!


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment