Thursday 28 April 2011

From Twitter 04-28-2011



Revolt of the email clients? refusing pre-wedding work? RT @DotNetWill: Hmm Outlook is refusing to open ... blessing in disguise?
mail not started after an hour. time to remove, clean, reinstall, add 3 extra bits/bobs. Sigh. This is why win needs proper pkg/linux style
don't you love it when an install fails to update something, and then the original uninstall no longer works. >> manual cleanup time. sigh.
@SlyRenard I am -- the point was it's not always specific to an individual application...
Wondering if a this point I should give up http://yfrog.com/h0nw6p
It's a bit telling - potential damage when running something that creates a 20,000 entry log file just to download a single file :-(
Can I scream?
or perhaps a brick wall will do
RT @cragnet: Royal guests free to tweet and hang out with Facebook friends: Ain't no jammin' goin' on
The royal wedding won't... http:// ...
And if that doesnt work 4 day weekend coming up
I hate computers sometime. Decided best plan. Pop to gym over lunch then good pm...
Felt so stressed this am. Not pure busy stress but not-productive-things-go-wrong stress.
Nor does dodgy vpn software with long running unfixed bugs
As well as silly install/tools to make things more efficient actually wasting time a part broken keyboard didnt help
How do dental referals work with #nhs dentist. Root canal needed (family) Recommends private ££ not experienced herself. How do we explo ...
Continues ref #nhs dental referrals. How do we explore nhs options?
@BTCare yep connect fine to gig.e switch. And not just one device. Multiple. See forum but think it looks like hw fault
@NFNiTM yep tho in this particular case the problem was more app/customization based - same stuff on linux/osx so cant blame windows
@OzoneVibe me too but not so need to understand then go back to them.
@BTCare can recheck and list exact hw tho most should be in thread linked to from that one under my forum id (same as twitter)
@f1fanzoe we have an nhs dentist but shes not experienced in procedure so doesnt really want to do it!
@f1fanzoe this is not that long after 3k + orthadontics done privately as just out of spec....
Been quiet this afternoon. After a slow start afternoon got better :-) Trying to finish some progressed work before this evening :-)
RT @Walmsley: The apocalypse has hit Sainsburys... http://plixi.com/p/96743688
@Walmsley what's with the food/fresh veg -- I'd assume it would be the drinks that might be out!
Really enjoying #we7 radio today. Do dislike the UI though and seeing limitations. Enough to pay? Umm. prob not.needs to cover all dev 4that
have just changed more lines of code than is safe this late in the working week. Hope JUnits still work ;-)
Noticed my #livedrive backup is still 0% complete 66GB remaining. Just using ssh/rsync is easier/more reliable with #memset I think
@Walmsley needless to say we have enough. supermarket offers.... so overloaded on coke, wine and cider I think!
@parboo you can say hello to @xplane0202 if you see him (thomas - fruit/veg) !
@Alexandra_1608 sounds scrummy! what are your spanish favourites?
Home straight. A couple more JUnits to write them I'm done ..
Work done. objective achieved. YAY! VPN hung again as setting up out of office. Oh well done for day now :-)
How's everyone's day/afternoon been. Still have taxi duty then meeting prospective tutor.. Only after that w/end starts beginning!
@pj_kent Now me, though when I hear the name "fallowfield" it reminds me of uni (manchester, owens park) @FallowfieldsUK
@SlyRenard @hunni_h is it that bad? I'm careful about my cooking, though do reheat all the time. Been lucky so far. Is it worse than others?
@sxa555 yeah "gift" right
@skybluemandylou that one made the internet...
@amanjon Was really worked up this am, but hit gym instead :-) But if later in day then wine a better option!
@parboo tbh I'm ignoring all the faff. Good for tourism, good ppl are happy, hope couple happy, enjoy party/bh etc but all the analysis -nah
@EmmaGx or buy another hdd .... :-)
@_pocketdynamo it is, especially for women
@sxa555 yep was thinking same. Twitter too.
@unkn0wnvariable who's "we" out of interest?
@_pocketdynamo going with a little one?
@amanjon I can safely say I just about know their names and that's where my knowledge ends.
@SarahAnnGreen don't understand these fashion things. 7/8 ie not quite long enough? ;-)
@amanjon was at JS near us in one of the less good areas - was fairly quiet. Actually go there a fair bit. so who are the intelligent ones?
@_MissAnnie_ party?
@_MissAnnie_ party?
Yep #chromedeck is freezing for me all the time again - as soon as I try to use heavily. Grrr.
something in common with @_pocketdynamo RT @miss_vix: Dropped 2 glass jars of curry sauce at the checkout in Tesco;smashed everywhere. #oops
@slackbladd3r Sounds like #twitterexclusionzone
@saltyF1 soon soon I'm thinking
RT @VickyLygoeF1: Chav guy on the train just said to his 4 year old daughter "sit down or I'll smash your face in". Shocked is an unders ...
@Documentally Last w/end I managed to try to open screwcap bottle with fancy corkscrew, then declare corckscrew broken. Oops!
@etherealtype some here with England flags too #reuse
@kayels @sarahgb I know B&Q round here are open (they have 15% off too - to encourage ppl in I guess)
finished jobs for evening. Quick SM session with beer then some tv. V perhaps (not royal stuff)
@EmpireSteve Probably not. I setup buzz but that done I don't really touch it. Does anyone use it? (or #quora, or #rockmelt) @jon_read
@skybluemandylou oh no! egg on face time...
@parboo @xplane0202 just checked my coriander plant here from last wk - but it's wilted - not attractive (else you could have it) ..
@skybluemandylou I'd be awful - have to go dd else nothing would get paid.
decided to not watch tv yet - enjoying some more #we7 music. Quite liking it, just wish wasn't flash and worked on my phone (maemo) +offline
@EmpireSteve I should prob stop it, but a useful side effect is that it archives my tweets in gmail...
Music has been streaming all day from #we7 - scrobbled to #lastfm http://www.lastfm.com/user/planetf1 ...
@kateknight honestly? Not at all...
@kateknight you made me think though. it could be amusing to watch fox news's coverage on sky ;-)
@skybluemandylou dont the banks transfer all that for you these days (if you want). I've not changed banks since 1990...!
@parboo Ah! you caught me @xplane0202
@_pocketdynamo oh brilliant. hope you have a fun day.
@skybluemandylou that's a relief it got sorted easily! All ready for streaming the wedding tomorrow. Oh wait ;-)
RT @Pearcesport: London 2012 Opening Ceremony is more than 10 times oversubscribed
RT @Pearcesport: No mention by London 2012 of athletics being sold out, so if you've applied for a morning session you could well get wh ...
@OzoneVibe actually I was surprised it wasn't worse odds than 1 in 10
@Pearcesport ref olympics. how were evening athletics sessions - much oversubscribed?
everyone else home now so will prob have to turn the loud music down (just in small study blaring out of the 7.1 system ;-) )
something not quite right with the audio on here - the xear3D sw (2->7.1 upscaling) is making bass go loud/quieter over about 1 min cycle
@oldmanuk am doing super easy option - #we7 streaming
Rather enjoyed this #florrie video http://youtu.be/Pj8122XxqDA - def worth a listen
@oldmanuk indeed not perfect but adequate. I usually prefer 256 aac
@samsunguk any updates likely for 2010/C models iplayer (FF/RW) or coming 40d/five/itv player ?
you can tell you're a #twitter #addict when you have a compulsion to keep using the # key ;-)
@etherealtype That's exactly what I just did. I've used it in SMSs and emails too....
@vixisabel yes was trying to pretend I wasn't addicted with someone yesterday. Realised it was a lost cause ..
@Unicorn36 #definately
@oldmanuk can you not do cabled? The throughput diff is immense (though part of reason for that here is *local* file sharing)
@oldmanuk Did the Gig.E port work ok on your HH3? Not for me http://bit.ly/kb0PPe
@saltyF1 There may be lots outside our house, but it WASNT ME! @unkn0wnvariable
@oldmanuk at 1000 Mbps? Mine is fine at 100, fails at 1000 - massive packet loss/diags report bad cabling (known good cables/devices)
@beaneee might do
@oldmanuk but you could consistent pings at least? I connected at 1000 but got no reliable throughput. think my HH3 is broken (slightly)
wierd. noticed playing some YouTube 1080p music vids that it says "software rendering" (still no issue). flash 10.3 umm.
Noticed on a jessie.j video that the 1080p youtube streaming is peaking at 7 Mbps. (min about 5). woah! And no delay/breakup. like infinity!


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment