Thursday 7 April 2011

From Twitter 04-07-2011



@f1lover75 Just checked your blog - looks like you're having a successful year - nothing annoying you yet? !! http://bit.ly/hvc0Vr
I do dislike photography some times - when a "budget" lens is one that costs a mere £500 .... !
Looks like it could be nice day again today!
@OzoneVibe you're slightly further east -- shining more now!
@perrins usually ppl seem to say opposite. For me best comfort is a deep memory foam (only, no spring) - we got a huge tempur a fair few
@perrins yrs ago, but son recently wanted a mattress and found a half decent fraction-of-cost *deep* memory foam option. ever tried?
@cholled ha ha!
lovely - received meeting invite good friday. Sympathies in arranging... but other commitments (like enjoying myself-- no seriously I have!)
2nd badly timed meeting invite - this for royal wedding day -- err. nope, plans already made.
@OzoneVibe April 29th
@david_hay If only!
@OzoneVibe @david_hay I realised my calendar doesn't have April 29th blocked out - public holidays added manually (script/button) b4
@OzoneVibe @david_hay the date was announced -- this should be centrally deployed anyway...
@OzoneVibe @david_hay Anyway still not free. (I think we're with friends for a mini street party). suffice to say beer & no driving ;-)
@david_hay nope - none of those days, though currently I am working 26/27/28. May take off though have to do my yearly vacation plan
@david_hay have some things coming up like <obsession>#f1 silverstone</obsession> which means 3 days out (thu->mon YAY!)
Interesting parsing error on last tweet. I used "obsession" in angle brackets before the f1 tag -- it didn't render in seesmic though ok web
@askseesmic - tweet containing LEFTCHEVRON KEYWORD RIGHT CHEVRON HASHTAG LEFTCHEVRON KEYWORD RIGHTCHEVRON doesn't render in SD2 ok on web ?
#chromedeck gets that tweet correct - only #seesmic #sd2 fails to manage it.
RT @OzoneVibe: Must remember to recruit some more #F1 people for my "Who's going to the British GP" list this weekend : http://bit.ly/eR ...
Briefly started #chromedeck again - rather like it, but def can't work with the colour scheme. prefer dark on light to light on dark?
Reading another "interesting" business email -- Had never known origin of "thinking outside box" before http://bit.ly/eJorM4
Ah! using a (work related) site where it's asking me if I'm in south-east or south-west england. always hate that #southampton << in middle
love it when sites say "please bookmark this url" - err no - make it a) more searchable b) more memorable ...
Don't understand some so called internet "marketers". Posting links isn't maketing - need to build community, brand, engagement....
Brilliant that wireless is working today. Ah! of course I'm working at home ;-)
@billt @Suw Same here !
RT @Suw: @billt so glad i'm not the only one who does that. there's also 'hear phone buzz in other room, refresh Twitter'. ;)
woah just reading an email where I can "feel" the explosive heat (not targetted at me nor personal, but accurate). Had to lean back!
Oh my free EON energy fit pack (currentcost) has arrived - a day after my switch starts to BG.. feel guilty..!
Not much time to play but cannot get DRIVER working for Eon monitor (current cost) PL2303 usb/serial WHS/Server 2003 Code 10/1 - suggest?
Just seen another earthquake on tv for japan. Yikes. Talk about kicking when down
At lce show novotel southampton
@OzoneVibe Ah! Just drove after call. Driving tho.
Time for dinner now. INteresting few hours looking at lenses. Think it will be Tamon 18-270 PZD (nikon) for hols...
@etherealtype And more :-) ?
@saltyF1 glad you liked it down south! New forest really is georgeous - what places did you visit?
@saltyF1 work and then looking at camera stuff... but normal service resumed now.
@noelrooney Woah! very early
@noelrooney everything ok? very early!
just need to catch up with the news. Know there was another 7.4->7.1 e/q no more yet. off to beeb
@AndyCDoyle too unhealthy!
@Bendihossan Yes! - over-complicated and hard to use
@allisterfreeman in front row, about to watch stand up comedian - sheesh, living dangerously!
@AdamManning Yay!
@stephfarnsworth wonder when that dream of doing every race in the paddock club comes true ;-) @OzoneVibe
@benjamincohen what network are you using at the O2. Vodafone was really bad there a few weeks back
@NeilBaileyF1 Well you need a body that screws ...
@NeilBaileyF1 :-) So I have a D90 with screw drive so can use older ones too. Though new tamrons have motor built in ... so D40 etc fine.
@Sara_Kim the words "trouble" and "gets what she wants" come to mind!
RT @tracyandmatt: HTC host another public meet up http://bit.ly/gvOSST
@unkn0wnvariable only 7 days. space limited or licensing (iplayer download?)
@iMismii I remember having an old rom based "grandstand" console. Not quite as old as http://bit.ly/evTwZh but not far off...
Ah I think this was it http://www.tvfilmprops.co.uk/pages/grandstand-6000-tv-game-342.htm @iMismii
@Sara_Kim I thought so. no denial there
@NeilBaileyF1 You off to silverstone then? Me too - becketts. No the new lenses do work. And the D90 has screw drive for old lenses too
@NeilBaileyF1 for example my 50mm f1.8 doesnt have an integral motor.. I'm thinking of 18-270 but more for hols/wlkabouts, not fast. can
@NeilBaileyF1 get *old* (no vr) nikon 70-300 for £100, or decent 70-300 with VR for lots more. But all slow. alt - hire fast 2.8/3.5 lens?
@AndyCDoyle Seeing them being made is scary.. all that fat! . though occasionally...!
@Syfy_online is that the first ep of the new series? (looks for syfy+1)
annoyed now I missed the series opening (S2) of V in UK - actually eps 1/2. Have to source them...sky iplayer ? but then cant stream to tv
@OzoneVibe my laptop only has displayPort - perhaps I should get a cable (or borrow another laptop)
Ah remembered I can't get my currentcost (eon) elec monitor data cable working. Drivers for Server 2003 (whs). do not compuete. help.
@OzoneVibe Work tomorrow so I think I'll be wtching FP highlights or recordings.. up for quali/race tho.
trying to get this #currentcost data cable working is driving me nutty. win.2003/PL2303 driver issues...
WOOHAY. finally. Have my currentcost meter measuring house power comsumption, connected to 24x7 server & uploading data (google). yay!
Seeing the "current cost" of electricity usage is a little depressing :-(
I now have my first bar plotted on google powermeter. Cool.
@OzoneVibe maybe... tho have just put in a supplier switch to jump to new tariff
The currentcost Envi has a temp sensor. Shame the "sender unit" doesn't too to get near outside temp (in my case)
@pj_kent it's a start (and it was free). Apparently the eon app is better, but can only use one at time (com). not compared myself yet
@pj_kent individual mons on some appliances. add water, gas, temp (though could compare with weather station ...)
wondering why the google power meter client monitoring sw prints a millisecond value against time - really theres no need
@pj_kent same as me then ... though I already have an always on (for now) WHS box.. so am running google power meter on there.
@pj_kent so no nee for bridge
@pj_kent Pachube looks interesting...
RT @ChukaUmunna: According to @BBCNewsnight, of the 35 universities declaring fee charges, 26 are to charge the full £9K - that's 74%.
@pj_kent I might not after working out cost...
@shellk1984 why not just set a temp you're happy with? make it a bit lower? if it needs to come on it will?
@shellk1984 I keep meaning to get one where you can set say 17 overnight, 20 morn, 18 daytime, 21 eve type thing.. easier, energy saving
@sxa555 For me it's specifically twitter DM as I have desk/sms notify (though SMS itself nearly as good since switching to voda)
@essjayarr ever try "orange coke" http://bit.ly/gGCfeP - personally I thought it was dire.
@justincc I use both styles depending on context - and what others in the chain are using.


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment