Tuesday 24 August 2010

From Twitter 08-24-2010



whelping box/heatpad & bits all ordered (slightly scary...), now back to work.
@andysc very interesting. Was tempted by desire at one point, but I have poor 3 sig at home/work. Still with nokia for now. Moto well known
@andysc for signal being good too (but IMO poor aesthetics). What network btw? (tricky - coverage vs speed vs xxx...)
@andysc Just tried http://bit.ly/aGAw50 - interesting (7/10 male 3/10 female for me)
@andysc Just proves no networks perfect (am on 3, but voda rules in hursley.. though wife had no sig in voda when out at w/end).
@andysc Am hoping one day it's like ATMs - use any. . Of course getting close with 3/tmob/orange joint net + o2/voda cornerstone
@andysc suspect it's doing name analystics. Hopefully they'd use GNR for that ! (I'd assume it can do it)
@andysc I wish the other nets offered a femtocell. Neat for home fill-in Though sms over IP/auto call rerouting via wifi would be good.
@davenice @andysc If travelling, and esp thro low sig, could disable gsm/3g temp (offline) - constant cell switching, high power = DRAIN.
@davenice @andysc Train Southampton-London for example is a killer. Though suspect car/ferry less so (slower, less "indoors")
@nicolalalalala For BB my personal recomendation would be O2, but only if results from http://bit.ly/bZ5zgS list "O2 / Be LLU" with tick
@nicolalalalala Also check at htttp://www.quidco.com if there's any "cashback" deals.
Oh bother. Sent a reply-to-all email in error. Nothing contentious just didn't need to go to a huge number of ppl (100s-1000?). Double bums
son is out at school to pick up his gcse results... wonder what he comes back with.,...
my win laptop could so benefit from SSD. Just rebooting takes about 10 mins (to get to a usable state).
@tolgakarakan Hi, which problem?
get annoyed with supposed "news" feeds that just post link days/weeks late. Fine if adding value/opinion but don't just "report" as if new..
Interesting app toolkit for android for those unfamilar with programming http://bit.ly/bRYAd8. Quite cool by the looks of it.
@IamNii_Teiko Yes I think so (or indeed has done already). It's more a commentary on what's happened without necessarily stating right
@IamNii_Teiko or wrong... corporate pressure can also play to security lockdown/certs/remote wipe, and drive geeks mad. This will run ....
RT @datastore: GCSE results 2010: exam breakdown by subject, school and gender http://bit.ly/cMdOfO
@davenice If you're ok with O2 coverage you could also try giffgaff - PAYG but "unlimited" data. 3 have good deals, tho work coverage poor
Higher rate taxpayers can claim tax back on Gift Aid contributions (UK) http://bit.ly/arFYCA [didn't know- email from virgin had it in] #fb
@davenice I can understand the short list. Am not customer of either, but giffgaff is owned by o2, and uses o2 network. just fyi thats all..
@deanupton no, may need to change
@tolgakarakan not sure of exact text I posted. site not working. will look later. Dealer diagnozed longitudinal sensor and replaced
@sxa555 I added a comment though... point was about ease of use.low entry point - increases opportunity
@davenice depends on your personal needs.
@Brownie1871 So going against my "old news" tweet earlier it is old, but I plead it was new to me ... #fb
why do some windows install progs insist on running full screen. They'd think you're only doing one thing at a time. err no. Take your place
Decided not to take up invite (ie "sales" email) for a course on Stochastic Calculus http://bit.ly/bNFsGk tho after reading maybe I should!
Always wary of mail that says "An Exclusive discount of £<big amount> off the full... price" without saying the price. Yep because its huge
@cumbers You can't new-style retweet if the user protects their tweets, thought you could do it old-style (ie literal "RT").
@cumbers A good client should explain this (think tweetdeck does)
@timdp thanks though I'm waiting for a pre-activated sim to check coverage stats. Worried about data perf too so may stick with 3
@timdp do like the idea of it though
@mememolly (sorry can't resist) - that would be someone with authority to use a bigger hammer ;-)
@timdp actually I've found it the opposite generally (wife used to have o2 then voda) with slight issue at - wait - home & work. bad luck..
@timdp It's O2 that has been proved somewhat laughable in recent years - ofcom at them for not meeting commitments, then over-subs with iph
@timdp then many recent outages, though I think that was APN related, so giffgaff APN may not have been hit?
Quick trip out to celebrate son's GCSEs, oh and booking a sneaky little tenerife holiday for cold Feb
Oh dear, I note home server is down to 20% free (500Gb) - some cleanup is in order
After thinking about perhaps switching to voda or O2 (from 3) only net working at pub was t-mobile. GSM/3G sucks around here.
With 3 ran-sharing T-mob 3G, & roaming on Orange 2G and with Orange/Tmob merging it may be as well to see what falls out in the wash +1yr
@frontieruk cleveland bay (forgot to checkin)
@Thrinne1 I just happen to live in an small area where ALL the networks struggle due to trees/buildings & NIMBYs/planning refusals no doubt
@Thrinne1 I doubt any net could manage my house, round a dog walk loop, down to pub/tescos/junior school and back through sports field!
@Thrinne1 Waiting to see if three have a sense of humour (and culture). I asked them if they could turn my cell xmitter up to 11 ;-)
sadly tonight I can hear big brother from another part of the house (timeshifted). help
@LauraLeslie23 Normal Keeley service to resume tomorrow (though I see you already got some references in)
@frontieruk just a short family drink, though a mini tweetup could be i order sometime, just have puppies to deal with over next few weeks.
@AdamManning My wife got sucked into the Mars hoax - she's been looking out for last few nights ...http://bit.ly/aSIfHB
@LauraLeslie23 Nah. Don't comprimise. I ppl don't like it tough. Be true to yourself I say...
@LauraLeslie23 <3 days before practice. (though working, so skip through in eve, mostly focus on quali) #f1
@LauraLeslie23 Overall I'd say button, though I like to see webber do well, and chandhok was a star in commentary. Smart guy.
@LauraLeslie23 Think we have a lot of good drivers at the mo. Never been a big msc fan, hot/cold on hamilton & a I think vet needs to mature
@amandagolding Not that I know of. I think it would be a nice idea though. Even if a simple low-key/informal pub visit.
@amandagolding I have to read a scary book about birth (of puppies). will be glad when through that in a few weeks..
@LauraLeslie23 I'd certainly be happy, less for rbr, but for web - just like the way he says it as it is
@LauraLeslie23 But the biggest "wow" this year in some ways wasnt driving -- it was @karunchandhok 's performance in the commentary booth...
@amandagolding in general, yep... just going to be harder to get out as in about a weeks time need to ensure s/one at home to supervise.
another 1-2 hours on NYC photos - thought I'd finish tonight. Nope, still more work to do... I need to get quicker


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment