Saturday 7 August 2010

From Twitter 08-07-2010



watched sherlock ep.2 but didn't enjoy it so much as first one ...
Bother. N900 a bit screwed - was updating some packages for SDK and the meta package " mp-fremantle-203-pr" was removed by apt. ARRRGH
Any #n900 user have a download for "mp-fremantle-203-pr"? otherwise it will be reflash time before next update ...
@leinir Installed from full Qt download -- all worked fine. REALLY liked the tool - samples, setup connection to remove n900 over wifi
@leinir and built/deployed app in minimal clicks. totally different experience. HELLO WORLD on mamemo done!
@leinir Shame I blew metapackage mp-fremantle-203-pr (can't find anywhere) during apt-get updates so no fw upgrades until reflash.
cool. one "little job" (build/package/deploy hello world to my maemo phone using the new Qt toolkit) done with only minor collateral damage
Seemed extra hard to get up today, but things to do...
@Sara_Kim You were looking for an ipad 3g deal? I was reading hotukdeals and found this if it helps http://bit.ly/bnTUQo
@fraggle35 maemo (n900) does too. Not sure if android has it. S60 did that part well. I keep logging on to BTopenzone but need pwd authent.
waiting for other members of household to be ready so can get the day started (late) with some gym exercise..
deciding whether to return some new reeboks http://bit.ly/cUrQ4c (white/ultra) - wondering if the apparently thin mesh toe area is robust?
@aspender Woohay! #monopolypubcrawl
@OzoneVibe indeed. I just half wrote a tweet, mucked up url then hit enter in error....
@DellOutletUK The dell outlet store seems to be down at the moment -- keep getting a .net error. Known issue? Wanted to checkout netbooks.
@sxa555 Is that the mugen with the replacement cover. If *not*I suspect over optimistic labelling. I tend to stick with origs #n900
@laura_marieee ever thought of going down kindle route. I don't have one & don't tend to read more fiction but do need to try more.
@laura_marieee but usually on hols and not convinced ebook as robust as paperback given water sun sand...!
3 assured me after faulty cell repaired I should have good indoor coverage at home. Errr. no bars here...
Sounds like it's going well. Really busy? manageable? Could be a long day there....
@OzoneVibe Just tried now (it was failing for a while) and it's working - and showing inventory, so maybe was recovering!
@sxa555 I've paid around £20. But I did get a cheap DSLR spare -- mostly on the basis I've never needed one, just a backup
@sxa555 Not looked. In my 2k focus I have an ashtray. with internals removed it's in exact right place to hold #N900 firmly portrait satnav
busy car/garden pressure washering. - tiring. But really must book #f1 tickets this weekend for silverstone 2011....
Now seriously aching. Slipping on deck algae didn't help. Car, deck cleaned and other stuff done. only tookabout 4.5 hours :-(
Freshened up, now Nice comforting coffee (hot) sat with aircon behind me (cold) and twitter. Curry/beer etc to follow :-)
@laura_marieee interesting thought. When do ebooks get accepted as an "actual book". Think it will be a long time!
@OzoneVibe not sure yet. Need to check what's available later. #f1
@sxa555 N900 is exactly the right size. a firm fit and sits at 30-40 deg. so pretty solid
@ericube has @janole said he's working on it? New Qt toolkit looks good to target both maemo and symbian (for now) #Gravity #N900
@Texrat much though I love open source & it's great the platform is that I really do think a vibrant commercial community is critical #maemo
@Texrat so I do hope store/SDK enablement etc comes on strong. Very nice to see a usable Qt sdk too #maemo
@OzoneVibe what fair?
@OzoneVibe and what indian?
@miss_cheriexx I'm not doing 365 but have 1000s new york, son school, f1 and other photos still to work on .... #project365
@Amy_Walker Good? exciting? ... looks like nice weather tomorrow. thinking of portsmouth/southsea for a change. Maybe meal in gunwharf
@Texrat my beef continues to be lack of upgradability of sw async to hw. iOS has this ... at least to some degree. more like pc..
@OzoneVibe Well I wasn't going to say that, but it would be my expectation ;-)
@OzoneVibe not been. current fav http://bit.ly/bKhzUT - really georgeous. Being tired, sat night, and staying in means sainsbury tonight...
@Texrat agree - I was a little frustrated this wasn't mentioned in the summary from @NiklasatNokia #niklas. no more device, ship, min sw upd
@aspender still going - impressed! #monopolypubcrawl
@mattcopp Saw wicked (broadway) earlier this year. Was really really superb! Enjoy..
@thecheekycritic sometimes even in english looks as if those words are dubbed anyway - maybe less so more recently.
@TheCheckerFlag If you're not running close to the rules (in any discipline) one might argue you're not trying hard enough ;-)
@ericube don't see current meego as a patch on maemo yet. Not that many months b4 phone comes out. lots to do..?
@IamNii_Teiko Not sure about N8 / S60^3 but some sites ie m.check.in use ff geolocation in browser. works on n900. Wonder if in ^3 ?
@ericube Maybe I missed the latest versions. Is the UI looking good now then. Hows n900 support for calls gsm/wifi etc. you dual booting?
I liked a YouTube video -- MeeGo OS running on a Mobile phone.flv http://youtu.be/INVlmjJKXjk?a
@ericube thanks. Hadn't seen that. definately looks good. My concern for n900 is that whilst OS will be community supported, other stuff to
@ericube support ecosystem ie ovi store & other nokia specific closed source apps won't be there . At which point do I try again or android?
@ericube I think it will happen, but the issue will be nokia closed source apps - want full experience, not just base os #N900
So got a letter from RBS - apparently in next 12-18 months my account will move to santander. Really not convinced about that.. may switch.
@ericube Last time a combo of a free nokia s60 device (luck), and selling another old s60 device meant N900 sim-free cost me < £150 all told
@ericube need to hope can manage same - though I think 3 may well offer me cheap htc desire/ similar anytime with low contract £10 whenever
@ericube well I don't based on experience so far -- http://bit.ly/b0sz5h #rbs #santander
@ericube just need nokia to give me one free (please). ha ha.
@ericube my home/office signal isn't too hot, though out/about gen. good and data usually fast. customer since 2003. I've had really super
@ericube retention offers from them - like top end phones on £10 pcm contract with nominal ~30-50 fee
@hunni_h that must be something different though? The rbs->santander (england/wales) branch/acocunt sale will take 12-18 months to complete
@ericube I've had free N96, X6 so far (different reasons). A colleague got an N900. We;ll see - but that's minor. seeing how platform evolve
@ericube -s will be interesting. So are you dual booting meego yet?
@hunni_h definately more to be concerned about. Think I'll be paying more attention to other banks/offers. I've had my acc since 1989!
@hunni_h wondering if any santander users recommend them. One redeeming feature -- they sponsor #f1, which is a good thing!
@ericube Very nice. presume gsm/wifi ok on meego, but nitdroid wifi only? Need sd card I guess. I should order one & try it out. #N900
RT @channel4news: Watch: Apple mania in London's Covent Garden - the tech giant opens its largest store http://ow.ly/2mrx0
@ericube could be, tho I'm "floating" on 30day notice right now so not benefitting from subsidy. If I got desire etc would probably wanna
@ericube play not sell!
@OzoneVibe I have softened a bit.. in that I didn't like it, but can't see banning team orders can ever work, so perhaps best just to b open
@ericube I don't -- if you didn't get a letter yet, and are in england/wales you probably will soon http://bit.ly/b0sz5h
@ericube interesting times. But for now meego on hold. curry/beer calls ;-) l8r
@ericube Finally - yes good Uk first, definate key market for mobile innovation :-)
@ericube Nope you're not. Scottish always get their own way!
@angryjedi hobbit. Not been there for a fair few years. Band on?
@MorganF1 tiramisu. Love it. Did you see jamie o do a wicked one in venice. Yumm.
@OzoneVibe ouch. That is tough. Must be very sore.
@sxa555 no rush. But will be watching over next year...
@EmpireSteve its all accounts with rbs in england and wales as far as i see. Not credit card but any current savings mortgage etc
@rachelclarke wow. I've not found anywhere yet with similar...
New argos printed catalogue is a fail. Broken spine already as so many pages
@rachelclarke is the bar part of a chain? Thinking i should loiter!
@rachelclarke ah. Am down in #southampton area. Thx
Was going to watch quadrophenia but recording missed start by 20 mins or so. Not on itv player. Bother. Heroes then i think. 2 eps 2 go
Oh cool looks like quadrophenia is repeated at 2340 tonight itv4 . Good


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment