Thursday 19 August 2010

From Twitter 08-19-2010



@markguim That isnt unusual though - it's free on contract, so subsidized by monthly fee?? #GalaxyS
@michelledh I always think the same. But I think we're all in bubbles - small galaxies in the much larger twitter universe
@michelledh sometimes we have to reach out further into the unknown - if you have 17 mins -> http://bit.ly/cOwWTZ
@EmpireSteve I do like/use ubuntu as well as win, just one thing. For FLASH video (ouch) may be best with win - limited accel in ubuntu :-(
RT @amigaluv: Nokia rules the mobile phone world so why do we diss them in the US? http://zd.net/9A14wJ enlightening read from a US own ...
@EmpireSteve I hope so, flash just appears ao inefficient for video streaming. But even with HTML5 still need codec issues/licensing sorted
RT @josiefraser: RT @ruskin147: http://bbc.in/9qtNNd new blog post - a multi-tasking moral panic. Written while listening to radio and ...
I still have a couple of invites for digg v4 - DM me if you want one and will use it!
becoming a customer of #santander is the biggest time waster ever. Ages to answer phone, broken web system, painful security #fail
After how many mins do you give up on a cenn centre. I think <1 is acceptable, >3 is time to give up. Do I expect too much?
I meant call centre
As far as I'm concerned if a company can't answer quickly, and don't give wait time feedback that's very poor CS #santander
hoped it might be sunny today -- deciding where to go to brave a few hours out & hopefully dodge rain ...
@katebevan w7 pretty much uses same drivers as vista - if 64bit a concern how about 32 bit win7? (tho have 64bit 7 on a number of lap/desk )
@katebevan th' I've had vista & win 7 64 bit on laptops/desktops and not really had driver issues. Something in particular failing?
go away rain :-(
um. was thinking of changing from 3 to vodafone or giffgaff, but even with poor home coverage, nationwide 3 do well http://bit.ly/dyL05X
@katebevan Ah ok I missed the beginning of the conv. Thought you meant native. .. no exp in mac virtualization
Wow. really liking my #NYC photos. So much better success rate. Loads of super shots. have to go back there again!
RT @sccevents: Guildhall Square in #Southampton shaping up. If you like fire, you'll love the opening event in November - http://bit.ly/ ...
RT @jebbrilliant: RT @phonedotcom: Intel acquires McAfee for $7.68 billion http://t.co/nxL24lW via @engadget <wow. I hadn't read tha ...
I never figured what #macafee did - for me associated with trial antivirus subs and negative impact on those systems
:-( Google Chrome beta keeps crashing on suspend/resume. Wondering what the opposite of the midas touch is?
so firefox's geolocation plugin centres me on closest city on desktop (which uses ethernet), but on laptop wifi pins it to within 50m...
oh so google chrome beta is crashing after suspend/resume on my laptop too! A bad update recently? anyone else?
photo editing/walk/gym, now a little more photo editing. Want to finish my New York set :-)
Trust != Facebook ?
@Arbit via same NAT router -- but the service will use wifi positioning on laptop so accurate whilst as desk wired based on ISP IP I guess
Can't afford 28-300 though nice idea! RT @TrevorCurrent: New Post: NIKKOR Announces Four New Lenses http://cpurl.net/dy1TKE #photog #togs
@mike_griffin_f1 a little like matter and anti-matter - the two will never co-exist in the same place
Just had email from nikon UK - seems the AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is £870. Well perhaps not for my budget...
phew. another photo editing session. Still lots more to do. I really *want* to finish these tonight.... break for dinner
daugher thinking of Nikon P100 (bridge) or D3000 (dslr)... personally think it's compact vs dslr, bridge not convinced, tho good for zoom
@VizTopTips if you have a well aligned dish & cables etc in good condition & dish is large enough it SHOULD be ok in heavy rain many arent
@TrevorCurrent I've looked at sigma 18-200, tamron 18-270 (not in person) for walks, but too many comprimises I think. 70-300 I reckon
Any Nikon D3000 DSLR owners out there? Daughter adding to short list (I own D90). Good value? Budget is a mere £250 so even this goes over!
@Memset_Kate surely there's no one personality that makes a team successful, it's a mix of types that mesh that is successful?
do I upload partially finished NYC photos or wait until finished. Maybe can get photos done and refresh metadata on flickr tomorrow...
@jon_read she's nearly 14 and thinking of doing photography GCSE and generally interested. Already worrying about DOF. Am steering DSLR...
@Si_Biggles My son has a FZ38 - it's a really nice bridge camera, just has less control than DSLR.
@jon_read Really? She suggested it as what she wants, seems like ok for bridge, just isn't a dslr/limited in control. I've introduced D3000?
@jon_read My son has the FZ38 - it's nice for what it is, does as it says on the tin, but small sensor=noise, and limited control.
@jon_read then there's pass down the D90 go buy a D300s. No. I didn't say that. stop it.
@jon_read I have plenty to learn which even the most basic model would be amply good enough for!
@jon_read Won't happen. cant afford the £££. Have you played with D3000? perhaps not as low-end. Think id40 sensor with up'd AF/screen etc
@jon_read D3100 out soon - video, big sensor improv, but looks more like £550 with a 18-55 whilst older D3000 is < £350. So B&W.
@jon_read Of course perhaps I should agree with @Amy_Walker in not letting daughter plat with dslr as could be better than parent...
@jon_read D5000 was on my shortlist year ago, but at ~£480 with lens outside ££. more like D3000 vs bridge I think. maybe oly 520 prob not
@Amy_Walker Oooh free invites... sound fun. what you off to? can you say?
bothersome twitter distracting me from LR...
@etherealtype +1
@Keatingjones I'm with your husband on that one. I'd be doing same...
Hear Ye, Hear Ye, #win an #iPad 32GB Wi-Fi: follow @AppOnline & RT or become a Facebook fan http://bit.ly/9cu2ON ends 31/08
Another 30 mins photos ... Meantime reminder links to fb,lastfm etc are on blog (not good at updating..) at http://cherrybyte.blogspot.com/
At least it's thursday... means I can probably be slightly late going to bed and still have a good effective working day tomorrow...
@j_m_photography I do tend to agree. Going to take her along to jessops/johnlewis etc for a look see...
@lesanto @britt_W @chris_hall1 +1 on the #twitlonger annoyance.. even on PC. Use multiple tweets or go long-form on blog not few words xtra
@GadgetPolly I've been on 3 since 2003, but that plan doesn't sound chep *unless* use loads/calls. 3 PAYG is good (kids use it)
@GadgetPolly giffgaff http://giffgaff.com/ looks good for unlimited data/text at about 10 pcm if ok with o2 speeds/coverage. not tried.
RT @MeeGoExperts: Progress! Video - MeeGo Handset UX unstable weekly release 1.0.80.15.20100817.1" http://bit.ly/atNabr /via @quimgil


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment