Thursday 25 November 2010

From Twitter 11-25-2010



enjoyed apprentice, so Christopher was just too nice.. so next time you have a meeting is it 9am or 1pm then
@FreshPlastic Do you have "cell broadcast" turned on - options probably somewhere in messaging menu.
@barrywebber I thought it would be Jamie, but I can see why AS fired him - too nice..
@ChelleC79 I copied some recent notes to my blog - more at http://bit.ly/hiWrxo
realised one issue tonight when I went to watch apprentice. New sky hd plays tv preview when looking at guide. Grr dont want to know!
@ChelleC79 3 are good (best) for prices/speeds & 3G coverage. My only beef is office+home coverage is poor. only voda reaches of all nets
@ChelleC79 and voda offer the least attractive pricing of any Can get 2-3Gb of data on 3 unrestrited for same price as 0.5 restricted voda
@ChelleC79 we have less land mass but mobile generally cheap. Can get lots textx/few gb data, ie on 3 10-15 ukp pcm (no subsidy)
@oldmanuk yes, thanks. Am aware of that - most times I want it, just not when a program I'm recording is still on!
@sxa555 I didn't see the results. ended up on mute and held a cushion in front of Top Right of screen whilst navigating! #F1
@honeybee85 am guessing it involves f1 ?
How did that happen. 0130. Ooops. Sleep time.
@TashaDragonfly do you know about the uksnow # -- http://bit.ly/gD5JAQ - are you in north-east? Nothing around south?
I think my cricket loving friends are getting me back for #f1 and #xfactor...
woah. snow forecast in #southampton Thu,sat,sun,mon,tue,thu,fri though seems light snow/rain mostly
just rea on council website that I live in a "flood zone 1" area. Not that there's been anything I'm aware of in 20 yrs
@TashaDragonfly oohh sounds too cold up there. relatively we're in the tropical zone down here (not today!)
@paulbackhouse yep had a look in env site, seems mostly about planning new develop/risk assessment not a big real risk?
anyone seen any new mobile masts around knightwood/chandlers ford? 3 cov. supposed to improve 1/12. Expect it's adjustment of existing sites
@paulbackhouse ah ok I see, you mean even the top of a mountain would be FZ1?
RT @OzoneVibe: RT @icicle_halo_: Photo: The frontpage of today’s Irish Daily Star. Say no more. http://tumblr.com/xk9rofso4 <<< ...
sat in car waiting for ice to melt. Only time for one tweet. Front heated screen (smug)....
ice may not have delayed my trip to work (much) but 2 queues from traffic lights within 250m of house did!
@minxymoggy I've used it, but it's a poor UI, and more importantly generally the nets dont update any more...
@timbo_baggins I could always use the transporter ;-)
Ouch http://bit.ly/fApoFB -> "Service Temporarily Unavailable" - @VodafoneUK
@timbo_baggins No, but we do have this new fangled thing called the internet which means I could work at home!
@vodafoneuk Your "2345" payg topup line is going silent on option 3 (freebies). selected free web/textx wks ago. Can't verify online?
great. Slow network is now delaying what I need to do by ~1 hour. Always things to slow one down. Grrr
Oh great. My network problems seem to be specific to my laptop not another m/c on same subnet. Grrr! Sounds like driver problems.
Grr. something up with laptop. network speeds all over place 150-200 k one minute, 12 Mbps next. confused.
@VodafoneUK yes web worked a little afterwards, a bit glitchy first thing. The IVR was also misbehaving. And online balance All ok now
@VodafoneUK thanks, trying a payg with web/text freebie to check out service/data before any commitment
@jamesfarrier though of course not last winter.. I can't imagine we'll see much #uksnow
RT @VisitHampshire: RT @hantsconnect: Highways teams getting ready to salt Hampshire's Priority 1 routes 7pm tonight: http://tinyurl.com ...
@honeybee85 snow? Oh! Nothing down here so far.
@breagrant wasn't there going to be a protest about the TSA full body scan machines vs pat-down ? Not causing delays?
Day.1 trying out vodafone vs 3. Very positive (except price) *for my area*
No ice/snow outside but its brrrrr. #Southampton
@riveerrrrssss really. Wfh tomorrow though rest of family out to work/school/college
@neicey shouldn't have gone for such a physical job....
@neicey it was sarcasm :-)
@kayels nothing as good as iplayer... Demand five actually works ok on internet enabled sony bluray/tvs.. V. Useful
What is a tuesday #tweetup - check out here http://bit.ly/ezghex then come along!
RT @Tuesdaytweetup: #TwistmasTweetup : Sat 11th Dec, Slug & Lettuce, Above Bar, Soton - 17:30 till late! Plz let me know if attending. P ...
RT @GregoryHainesF1: #F1 I agree 100 percent with what Petrov says: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/248551/petrov-disappointed-with-a ...
@OzoneVibe well it's starting to look like that just before christmas... help! #tweetup #tweetup
Surround speaker cables patched after pup decided they were dinner ... wondering what's next....
@SarahAnnGreen @kayels If demandfive broken how about http://bit.ly/haoPw6 ? (not sure if it uses same stream)
@amandagolding All fine afaik. We just have one now. Manic a few mins ago, now flaked out! gets "proper" walk this w/end (2 wks after vacci)
@minxymoggy I prefer chrome (in part due to extensions I use), or firefox, but actually IE9 is remarkably decent , massive step forward
@amandagolding woken up as dughter arrived home, jumping around onto sofa -> table-> floor. Mor epeaceful when he was asleep!
@icicle_halo_ Umm. so many cables/stuff around. At least the new TV is firmly out of reach on the wall...
@minxymoggy IEx ... They're all competing in terms of html/graphics accelerationwin some loose some.
@icicle_halo_ Little monkey. just found him destroying a packet of polos left around by kids. Ok could be worse...
@ItsCollaborate socks is def favourite even for mum too (2.5)
@Sulman when I first heard it I didnt like it, but grown on me. hardly a classic, but a jolly pop song.
@Sulman I fell asleep on a flight to canada listening to kelly clarkson "breakaway" on repeat. To this day I struggle to stop it coming back
@Sulman into my head! wierd...
RT @patricknorton: Why Drive Extender is being killed, Paul Thurrott's excellent writeup: http://bit.ly/eCyghP (thx to @jmwallace74 !)
@patricknorton Bottom line, MS just removed WHS's key feature. It is now a total irrelevance and major microsoft #fail
@minxymoggy have you tried FF4? I still prefer chrome though.


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment