Friday 12 November 2010

From Twitter 11-12-2010



@welp I'm terrible. Pick up on these diffs on a conversation/presentation and have to research the entymology and go off on total tangent
RT @welp: @planetf1 woop! *high-five*
@welp on work matters hit same issue with "canceled" vs "cancelled". Default to US so was going to change to the single l version
@welp but our ID reviewer suggested we use a term that doesn't suffer from a US/UK spelling diff. Yep.
@welp majorly.
@OzoneVibe @welp Look at "fall" - that was used on old English, and it was the french that introduced autumn - now seen in uk as americanism
@welp it is when in the same system it's used inconsistently in docs/online/apis etc... that's just unprofessional/slack. One or t'other ok
@welp Oh just relieased we have a state in a state machine called "prioriti*d". Need to check z vs s. I'll change to z ... ;-)
@sxa555 yes but clunky and am fed up.
@welp I think it applies to many words. "pavement" I think for example as road is an old term. Awesome not so sure. entymology?
seen @AmazonUK has joined twitter (& facebook - see my profile likes) - welcome. Wonder if theyll have black friday deals on 7.1 amp/sprks!
@sxa555 lack of decent SN apps (be it 4sq,gowalla,twitter, facebook) is a huge PITA, yet other things like contacts are so fantastic...
@sxa555 it gets to point of write them or go to the apps... thinking latter. New devs soon (like nexus s) dual core, but may see how cheap
@sxa555 I can get something now on a short contract (12m)
grabbing some lunch. So was #f1 good this morning? What parts of P1 should I watch tonight? never have time to watch all!
@sxa555 it's low fidelity - does basic checkin only
@sxa555 fine it also can satisft responsiveness, quick navigation, offline queueing etc (not sure if td does last, gravity did)
@sxa555 please don't get me started on language.... ;-)
The -ize crowd (including me) seem to be loosing to the -ise. So what, I'm an -ize and prowd of it. @RichardMLamb
@sxa555 it's very buggy. #tweego has the most decent you, but currently no dm/mention support :-(
wondering how contact integration/sn compares between htc desire/desire hd & samsung galaxy s. given would prob use #tweetdeck anyway ??
wonder how the cameras differ (not in MP, but in quality of picture) galaxy s / desire / desire hd .. #android
@Sulman Just looking and realise a) htc=no front camera b) samsung=no flash. Grr. All nokia phones for years have had both and I do use...
@Sulman Have twin led on n900. It's not great, but can be useful ie to capture pick of a label/some text -- not good for portraits/scenes th
checked online warranty on my tv that supposedly had 5 yrs manuf warranty (not default). #win - online confirms valid until end dec 2015 :-)
Woohay, manage just scheduled an xmas lunch 1200-1800. that might be enough time ... probably a day to catch the bus
I thought convention was that when drinking from a coffee cup the drink went into your mouth. Oops.
Hope everyone's enjoying fp2. I'm enjoying email/docs/wikis/reports/models/code :-( later... #f1
@riveerrrrssss thanks for advice on fp1, helps me focus. comments welcome on fp2 too! #f1
getting more than usual amount of issues with current build of beta chrome - rendering, scripting etc. Deploying countermeasures (firefox)
realising I have too many drinks/meals coming up. 5 in 8 days, 4 in 5 days, 3 in 3 days... best be salad+water btw now and then
@Kkirgirl just all seem to occur in same week (3-11 th dec). I can see sleep/work will become optional that week ....
@Kkirgirl all are with different groups - 2 work related, 1 family, 2 friends
realised I have another family mail in those 8 days, and a family buffet (for christening). think that makes 7 in 9 days
oh help
@sxa555 it all started with arranging a work meeting then realising there's little time for that (some are eves of course) - busy week
@vixisabel Yes I should. Never fancied running, do do gym though.
Are we there yet? (end of the working week that is...)
if your questionairre about recent support experience is longer than request/response of the actual question, I probably cant be bothered..
If virtually every post is either a) retweet b) A link -- I probably won't follow....
@sxa555 I wouldn't so much say I'm complaining, just stating what I'll do... (should look for some automation tools)
@sxa555 did you get nitdroid working. If so, try tweetdeck. very nice on android
@jmwhittaker something I've only done a couple of times in many years. just doesn't seem right!
@sxa555 think mine is #f1 + social, may fit in a movie (clash of titans arriving from lovefilm on bluray hopefully)
@sxa555 am missing a) dog walking b) photography though. Will do a small a) but want to spend a bit more time on b)
RT @sidepodcast: mega kudos to @alexjsnell for making it to every race this year. we thought he was *nuts* when he announced the idea pr ...
@GrandPrixDiary :-)
@eric_andersen definately interact more. certainly in terms of my twitter discussions, def more women
@RachaelEdwards thanks. BTW you know there's a @Tuesdaytweetup on *sat* 11 Dec 1730 http://bit.ly/aL3n2G slug/lettuce #FF #F1 #Southampton
@RachaelEdwards keep watching @Tuesdaytweetup despite the name we've had tues/fri/sat s so far..
time to try @vodafoneukdeals next for android handset deals
tried calling 3 about offers w/out going down cancelation route - no waste of time. will have to experiment with the PAC card
just watching fp1 #f1 - never will get chance to watch all. audio a bit confused during program intro. nice to be able to watch uplayer
-- iplayer on large screm, though pic isn't a patch on broadcast
@OzoneVibe were you on. Fortunately I know I wasn't! #tweetup
Liked VET's comment on Holly! #f1
And yes I am many hours behind -- had to work. Still have lots to do tonight so just dipping in ...
So @Walkerooo @neicey did either of you give the bbc an interview? #tweetup @OzoneVibe
@OzoneVibe Well you were the instigator #tweetup
@TashaDragonfly Can you imagine finding it though. ... you could follow in @alexjsnell s footsteps if you found that!
@OzoneVibe I'll listen later - haven't yet
@OzoneVibe Ah. I take it it's cooked 3x + over . Oops. I've managed to "kill" break before that's about it.
so much for google stopping facebook using api to check contacts. fb now just tells user to do a download, then import to fb..
though most contacts are a) in phone [close] b) facebook c) twitter -- not much in gmail here.. (lots of mail, not contacts though)
@sxa555 not convinced I'll switch handsets yet - only if cheap. next batch should be pretty good - hopefully eventually be more n8 like spec
@sxa555 ie in terms of camera (front+rear), flash .. etc.. and dual core
@VodafoneUKdeals akready done :-)
is anyone wtching "the event". wondering if it's still on 4od & what ep. is tonight? Heard good things, but forgot about it
oh, there's already been 4 eps - still on 4od http://bit.ly/clLtYu - showing 9 days left.
Wish either bravia internet OR samsung internet@tv had 4od. come on guys. would make life much easier!
@kkir When I can fit it in! Just wish I could watch on living room, but only 4od is on pc (unlike bbc, 5)
@StuartGray no doubt it's about to be canceled by the network then. Happens every series I seem to enjoy
@EmpireSteve should or shouldn't? Think mine defaults to 100% microwave (pana combination)
@kkir I can for tonight, but not for the last 4 weeks I missed. I'll have to watch though I think
@EmpireSteve including for facebook, twitter?
@Welshracer just heard your mention on FP1 (49 mins) - yes the volcano "race" was fun (when watching from afar) #f1
@SuzShoes thanks for the #FollowFriday
@Sandanista thanks for the #FF
@DitzyDriver A celebrity competition? who else is in it?
@EmpireSteve I'd need a displayport cable, or use a dock for dvi, or have a VGA converter - don't have any!
@EwanMarshall thanks for the #FF
Harsh. RT @SuzShoes: Breathing. #mistakesmenmake
@f1_emma If this weeks' rain continues it could prove quite useful. On 2nd thoughts perhaps a wetsuit would be more appropriate
@miss_cheriexx didn't like it first time I heard, but grown on me. good fun pop song, but not an alltime classic! #nowplaying
@peteralevy The two extremes I remember from being there in late 80s as a student were moss side & didsbury.. fine dining is prob latter?
@peteralevy Haven't been back for err 18 yrs or so!
@GordanaTrampova are you supporting ferrari? Will have to disagree. like maclaren but weber given points. us brits love aussie friends!
@peteralevy I was never in didsbury -- fallowfield. Should visit sometime I'm sure city center is so so different
@mike_griffin_f1 Wouldn't you have liked to find that vase though! Know what you mean...
@sarahloumillie Nope. did look but sounded creepy. in truth just have too many things lined up.
@TashaDragonfly sounds like an echo... my worst experience was I got "locked out" for about 45 mins during one of the #f1 races..
@TashaDragonfly I think it's a special feature of friends to calm their timeline when it gets too busy during a race...


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment