Thursday 9 September 2010

From Twitter 09-09-2010



Ofcom approve a 3G power boost http://bit.ly/cUYKhk - should help a little with 3G coverage when implemented
@EmpireSteve sssshh let's just call it 3dB. I know what that means ;-)
amused to hear of @leolaporte 's buzz issue earlier & talk that maybe facebook-style posts do have a place
more great app design - long running, pops up progress status window. That can be minimized but main gui can't as modal. #designfail
with win 7 keep finding traffic flowing over wifi even when ethernet connected, unless wifi disabled. interface metric should be ok. Ideas?
checked up on our puppies from work thanks to #joggler + webcam (there is someone at home looking after them too!) #puppytime
@pj_kent have you tried jessops. They used to in past though I think it's down to individual stores now?
@echoedruins I guess I don't use that feature. I mostly use m.check.in for foursquare/gowalla (via browser plugin) or gps tracklog/photos
Arrghh. I've waited 20 mins+ for a painfully slow download (at work, only 200Mb) and now the unzip fails - corrupt/damaged. Grrr.
Um. maybe I need a chrome download manager. Took 15-20 mins for a file. firefox+downthemall=3 mins (4 segments). recommend?
this live google search feels a bit strange. Think I like it. Not sure yet
struggling with sw that is so slow even on a 8Gb dual core (2.5Ghz) system. Still cpu bound and high disk I/O. Go home? probably..
@Amy_Walker Can't say I've ever listened to them both (not really used a canon). In what way. My D90 sounds fine ..
really dispise #captcha - just took me about 6 tries to get something right. It's a blasted waste of time
@Amy_Walker it does give a loud but solid clunk - but I guess I like it/got used to it. Must listen to a canon sometime!
@deanupton frankly I'm getting to the point where if it's too much hassle to comment (sign up, captcha) I just don't bother.
@deanupton registration? just for your site? Or do you support openid/discuss or something more common?
@Amy_Walker I guess the focus may depend a lot on lens (and in fact if it's in-lens or in-body).
@Amy_Walker My daughter was thinking of a *very* low-end SLR b/day though that's on hold now (replaced by clothes). was thinking d3000
@david_hay no this wasn't linked in. It was a blog comment. Just not worth the bother. Bit like overbearing security=no usability #fail
@Amy_Walker think there's a huge amount of sense in that! was steering daughter to nikon for same reason (as I have d90)
@Amy_Walker d3000 has old d40 sensor , but could be had for ~330 with lens. D3100 now new sensor but £500ish. will drop I guess
@Hedgewytch though to be fair you could apply that comment to anything. Have to put effort in to get something out...
@Amy_Walker and if dave isn't using his camera, you can take 2 bodies with different lenses (nice idea, best not to tell him!)
@Sulman indeed. very minimal here. nikon 18-105 & 50 1.8. Thinking of 70-300 vr or 55-300 (similar price, need to check reviews) [aps-c]
@Amy_Walker could be very useful - wide angle on one body, telephoto on another... prob looks cool too ;-)
finishing off (in time, not completion status) few bits at work then giving up... slow sludgy treacle progress today :-(
@Hedgewytch I'm not commenting on that particular scenario - don't know story & personal.. but just musing about life /general effort/reward
RT @TweetDeck: User Stream Preview version of The Deck updated to include all the goodies from v0.35. Get it here http://www.tweetdeck.c ...
as comparing some newly generated code with previously generated code. wierd discrepancy. Tried new sw - got 3rd version. which right. HOME
@EmpireSteve cunning or not, i just don't like #captcha. drives me mad
oh. just posted about fttc to blog.bethere.co.uk and they had a #captcha-like verification that was fairly easy. Better! @bebroadband
RT @bebroadband: RT @Vivan Wow, getting the full 24mbit that we pay for. Amazing. <3 @bebroadband << Welcome to the 24meg club!
@bebroadband (ref my RT) and that 24 meg club is why fttc would so help those with long lines (3dB snr 4.5Mbps on "sister" telefonica O2)
@skyhd Hi. Do you happen to know if your colleagues at sky broadband are on twitter? Couldn't find anything.. Thanks.
@macie_sherwood the early series were nikon oriented. Tho some specifics some good general hints too.
@_MissAnnie_ err not me! But our son. Mid 90s. Was trying to remember name just a few days ago so thanks
@skyhd thx. no prob. have skytv not bb (o2). -> Any further info about FTTC http://bit.ly/dr5XuH - suggests more exch "mid 2010" Sep>Mid ?.
@andypiper I heard they're repackaging to include wifi adapter free, maybe old stock cheap, tho think cust can get adap fee anyway?
@rachelclarkef1 video? is that "video" as in generic recording device or a real tape thing. Seems so long ago in days of PVRs and streaming!
@rachelclarkef1 Ok then so you can be part of the 21st cent. then! Sky+ was my first pvr, use media center fair bit but moving to streaming
It appears #caprica is starting again in US Oct 5th (3 mths early)- wonder when it starts in UK
@EmpireSteve Oh cool! #caprica
@skyhd thanks. I had to ask but expected that - guess we'll hear when announced
Watching first half of 'this is it'. Never saw in cinema. Very good.


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment