Tuesday 28 December 2010

From Twitter 12-28-2010



RT @chronic: If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
@MissLundgaard what a silly question!
@andysc @kentindell I expect "200" refers to raw data in both directions added - ie 100+100 - same applies to wifi
@andysc @kentindell will be interesting to see how your performance drops with distance/hops. I ended up in-home going with cat5e+drill ...
classic. was listening to bbc news. dog came on barking. Our too stood up. stared at me, stared t each other. then it stopped/back to sleep
last nights attempt to watch iplayer HD reminded me need fttc upgrade. 4Mbps sync too marg. here's hoping @bebroadband /@skyhd offer it soon
@Lipstedo some ppl love flavoured coffee, I don't though.. just prefer decent beans, freshly ground (maks big diff), espresso made..
@Lipstedo just to add to that last comment, given time of year I guess brandy is permissible ;-) maybe not this early though!
@MissLundgaard still reckon it's worth it!
RT @ruskin147: http://bbc.in/ep2eoS Here's my video report on tech in 2010 - but watch out for dodgy dad dancing
@ruskin147 Great poker face ;-) Very brave to be filmed. Wish I'd saved clip of my sports javelin through smashing 3 lights :-(
@melissa_RBRx Sounds like it adds more fun though!
@kentindell @andysc Of course I didn't cable living room, and now have sky+tv+bluray now sitting on wifi. Ok even for HD tho. Time to drill.
@MissLundgaard reminds me of people we saw dancing the streets in new york dressed in PJs ipods in hand (apple related?)
@unkn0wnvariable that's a little early?
@unkn0wnvariable I annoy others in house as insist *flashing* xmas lights have to go off when watching movie. Too distracting!
@Lipstedo it's allowed on xmas day (tho I didn't this year!)
@Lipstedo If my parents were visiting I would have ..... ;-)
@MissLundgaard out "out", or just sat in car...
@andysc Umm... I suppose llama-cam is another option?
@inbedlam true, but it's a long way away from clicking a few buttons on tv remote (iplayer integrated). and watching instantly
@inbedlam other reason for faster connection is reduced "buffering" time when FF/RW, or starting to play
@inbedlam I just feel uncomfortable with T&C of @BT_Infinity fup even tho current use i<200 pcm as with kids etc would require active checks
@inbedlam The iplayer (which I have on a samsung tv, and sony bluray) is great -- have in living room, easy to use, no cpu issues
@inbedlam but my line sync is approx 4.0 Mbps down (4.7km) so marginal for HD stream :-( Too far, hence need fttc [cab now live..]
So my #WHS box is now idling at low CPU, but any write activity (like to a net share) is causing high cpu from qsm. V.poor IMO
@inbedlam Virgin were surveying last autumn. Say they may extend area (covers <1mile away) - deciding 1H11,
@lookingspiffy it is annoying they woke me up earlier (albeit 10am) then as soon as they got attn went to sleep!
@MissLundgaard you can't be bothered to get up for pub, but you do for newsagent... errr. right!
@lookingspiffy yes they were obviously asserting who was in charge.
Anyone have #twimgo 2.10 working ok on N900. Not showing in my app list - 2.0.5 worked fine
@etherealtype no noisy housemates (dogs) to make you get up then!
@kellycairns you could of course buy a payg/sim free phone outright, then for contract renewal go onto a far cheaper sim-only tariff?
@kellycairns as until June you're effectively paying for the previous phone/service
Oh bother. looks like a problem with the washing machine. My gym clothes seem to have shrunk.
So #WHS still misbehaving. Planning to do an OS re-instal (not data trash yet). And of course can I find the recover DVD... Nope!
@grace_eb today, or generally .... #thoughtfortheday
@khertan I had problems with python-qt4 dependency? change from last build? #Khweeteur #extras
yay! Found my #WHS recovery DVD.
@kazb711 it couldn't possibly be that ! ;-)
anyone have #twimgo 2.0.5 -- having trouble with 2.1.0 not appearing on desktop so need to regress to older version
finally going to head to gym. def got sore throat on way tho...
took son to party ~15-20 miles away. SHEESH some places 15 mpg. Thick Thick fog. Now very tired and sore throat has started
So why are some ppl so simple-minded and turn on rear fogs even with cars cimmediately behind/not thick fog. All were 4x4s too. pratts
@khertan super, thanks for info :-)
@kazb711 well kind-of. Managed it but think the lurgi is descending
@tpphotography is there an echo here. we were just talking about that. Think we have it on DVD but saves looking for it!
@McLaren_Fan that's what gets me. >>consideration<< for other users, thinking of impact, ppl in their own incompetant world
@lookingspiffy i headed up north of fareham - somewhere I hadn't been to before, country roads. Quite tiring/slow journey, clearer west
@unkn0wnvariable exactly, I rarely have mine on, and turn it off when cars close. that's intelligent behaviour. Too many morons on roads
@unkn0wnvariable People dont get that a) they dazzle b) make brake lights harder to see -- oh and c) p*ss*s others off
@unkn0wnvariable They should just have a sign "Excluse me, I'm a sad *** and don't know how to drive"
@jessfaith @Jocassels Is it too stereotypical to infer "man shopping" = gadgets "woman shopping"=clothes. Often seems way ;-)
@unkn0wnvariable indeed
@jessfaith I do go clothes shopping sometimes, but am awful - take too long, best bet is prob take daughter with me for feedback! ;-)
@Jodie_kemp Interested to see how you get on, I know so many more ppl that use fb (real world friends etc) though number that are "active"
@Jodie_kemp is far lower... I started keeping to family/close friends, but now it's pretty much anything goes - anyone I see or chat to
@Jodie_kemp regularly, or those I don't, but have in past (a bit sad really)
@jessfaith Can't say I indulge in any of those (music:online, books:amazon, stationary:email, scarves:no, makeup - you guess) ;-)
@Hands0n isn't that always the same?
@jessfaith you write real letters? I almost struggle to hold a pen these days. sad? maybe .
@jessfaith certainly an argument for ppl thinking about what they're saying, and a reason for longform but it has to be about a mix
@jessfaith twitter's super short 140 characters (or SMS) has huge consequences for "connectedness" & talking to ppl in a way like never b4?
@rodet what worries more is what it says about the drivers skills as I reckon in most cases it's not intential it's lack of awareness
@rodet and lack of awareness (like those that drive 45 mph in a 60 zone then pass a 30/20 school or wet vs dry) is a real killer imo
@jessfaith yes it's funny how twitter in some ways is also very personal - I guess it's the quick turnaround and continuous engagement
@martinpacker I saw inception then harry potter this year on #IMAX Only issue is have to see all films that way now!
Thinking - is it worth finding my "i am legend" dvd to avoid having to suffer ITV adverts... don't fit with a film!
@RhiannonMLane usually just start watching late (unless live sports/xfactor) to then catchup. tonight an exception. beer not tea tho!
@BellaCombs more important it's still a bank holiday!
@jayegan I only had ~30+ miles earlier but in places it was terrible - worst I can remember in quite a while. Not like...
@sophiiebailey no not hamilton. Now alonso... we could talk about that.. or briatore
@jayegan stressful ...
@davidchow Still patch/network dependent. only a single net, *still* works at home, only 2 at work. Not hot #fail
@davidchow illegal repeater, or femotlcell perhaps? #vorsprungdurchtechnik #fail
@RubberGoat well "sh*t" film I really found last night - "wanted" - Jolie. awful awful awful.
@martinpacker interesting. must read up on that. #Avatar
right . off to watch "i am legend". later...
Enjoyed i am legend. Not seen any upstairs downstairs. Everyone talking about it. Iplayer maybe.
@honeybee85 we caught up with 'real time' during the credits #avoidedtheadvertswin
@thecheekycritic use very rarely but absolutely know what you mean
@stevemartinross our timing was spot on. didnt find it too slow. enjoyable.
@jon_read good then. worth it still after film? may do that


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment