Saturday 23 October 2010

From Twitter 10-23-2010



@Petronella And for those that don't, they make so many of the actual lcd panels inside laptops/other brands tvs anyway (Lg other biggie)
when they were talking about strange languages in that rally piece I thought it was all going to be in welsh! #f1
@etherealtype I was born in wales, but not too much welsh speaking there. It was my worst exam result by far at school. My welsh teacher ->
@etherealtype cracked up in my aural exam (for O level mostly As including French. Welsh=E ! Yep I was cr*p at it)
@etherealtype Suppose I didn't see the relevance.. Even my gran/mum couldn't speak a word. Though my dad/his side were welsh speaking
Fancy another coffee but dare not go into kitchen and wake pups up as they're asleep now....
@rachelclarkef1 Yes I agree - sad, there's been some mechanics hasn't there - could do with some drivers/team managers to really get there..
Let's hope the maclaran team don't take tips from EJ on fashion? #f1
@TheFable close! #f1
@etherealtype i'm not a linguist by far. I did take a lunchtime mandarin chinese course earlier this year. Fun to get an idea..
@etherealtype Respect those that keep it alive - guess there's a lot of languages in same state.
@etherealtype Not sure on numbers, but there's more welsh speakers in south america (patagonia) than in wales I think
@f1_emma am happy with my 0455 wakeup after that review!
Ah time to switch from freeview to sky (deploying anti legard countermeasures) #f1
@etherealtype far too arty for me. Closest I get is enjoying photography (and landscapes, travel etc)
:-( NO @karunchandhok or @antdavidson on @5LiveF1 commentary today. Still going to stick with it I think
@rachelclarkef1 ill be interesting to see which way my daughter goes. Annoyingly she's good at maths/sciencs and english/dance etc.
@rachelclarkef1 she's only watched snippets of #f1. Son is doing a-levels and interested in engineering. originally aeronautic
@etherealtype It's obviously that fashion expert EJ that's drawn you into the sport #F1
@etherealtype Would it be nerdy to say "classics" for me are 1970/80s computers/music or old #f1 races?
@etherealtype Love greece/turkey/rome and seeing old civilizations though - ephesus and places like that #F1
@EmpireSteve I have to watch on big screen/sound and needed coffee anyway
@THEpastamaster never been to troy but absolutely do enjoy those places. should add to list! @etherealtype
The quali is def going to be affected by who goes last and traffic near end of session. HAM continues to look strong though
@TheFable was hoping my alarm would work - I screwed up my phone yesterday which I always use as an alarm. but all was ok
that was an impressive glock spin #f1
BUT not too fast yet... #f1
@shellk1984 @debs_70 @5LiveF1 ?
good to see the times pretty close for top 6 really - little over 1/2 s so far #f1
ham/vet/alo are so close - 3 1/100 s #f1
Kubica down in 17th talk about close #f1
Kubica recovered. phew. Was wondering #f1
@etherealtype Indeed. I know it's only Q1, but hes a second behind and times are close. Just heard pit radio - struggling with temps #F1
@Swordsman_uk @debs_70 @shellk1984 I quite like martin, but crofty is good and I really struggle with crofty. chandhok is amazing too
Comparing freeview (SD, internal) and Sky (SD, scart rgb) on new samsung TV, the ksy picture seems quite a bit better.
@etherealtype a little rain will be very interesting - though not a washout. Food to see maclaran/ferrari/rbr close
@steevbishop yes, it's surprisingly actually how reasonable an analogue connected SD source is.. (more kit to change/cables to get)
BUT still a second down on top times so far in Q2 #f1
BUT still .9 behind HAM - RBR/Ferrari teammates very close #f1
I can imagine one reason DC is in the mission control is being a trustworthy knowledgeable chappie who won't disrupt & respect conf. #f1
@f1_lou or karun who's great
@OzoneVibe @etherealtype @anotherproblem DC knows score RT @EmpireSteve: @planetf1 Oh yeah. Couldn't trust a hack to keep their mouth shut.
Mark got that timing right if he's doing a second lap. Alo flying #f1
WEB only .1s behind . go mark #f1
Wow Vet. can web take it rbr good #f1
RBR 1/2. BUT still .7s behind ham, 1s off the pace.
Like'd DCs comment about the MTC "its an emotion free zone". I doubt it, even if not shown ... #f1
having said that. .... #f1
@anotherproblem very smart I'm sure, but not one for a long tv interview. I nearly feel asleep in those 60 seconds. #f1
@saltyF1 at least we didnt have quali+race in one overnight session like last race! #f1
@jelly_rabbit Absolutely not kidding there. Best to stick to the day job., don't think we'll see on xfactor anytime soon ;-) #f1
http://bbc.in/bsnUvH showing rain tomorrow still - #f1
just hope it isn't heavy continuous rain #f1
@rachelclarkef1 Could be a new feature when booking timeslots. Avoid football match, tennis, f1 ... etc ! #f1
Must admit it wasn't that many weeks ago I wondered if I'd even be watching this race.. Good to see the track up and running #f1
@OzoneVibe Not when I'd already got up for it! #f1
@GreatButton He's on the better side in 7 isn't he.. But ham is on dirty side? Or do I have it wrong
@steevbishop well the 2010 tvs will be outdated next year - sony are about to release a google-tv enabled set...
@TommyB89 @jelly_rabbit have to say agree with you both there - really didn't add a lot (though I loved the bond intro)
Logged onto facebook - reminded of new "groups" - any good ones #f1 tweeps on here use?
So we get to see clean corridors. Would be more interesting if rather than "war room" it was "bar room" ... ! #f1
@saltyF1 If it's more exciting than it came across on TV (which I'm 100% sure it is of course) #F1
Amazed puppies were so good/quiet this morning. Now letting them out for morning play, then have to sort broken phone & TV mounting
@EmpireSteve Yes I do think there should be an approval mechanism
think the puppies want to remodel the kitchen...
Always do regular backup of my phone... except recently... and it won't boot (maemo). Android will boot. hope I can copy stuff off from ther
Ok any #N900 users - phone in constant reboot mode. Even when plugged into USB. Pupped battery. something corrupted. wondering best recovery
got worried for a mo. Could only see 3 (of 4) puppies. otherone investigating utility room...
Wonder if any TV geeks awake early. Need to decide best/cheapest plce to get Samsung WMN1000B from (picture frame mount for TV).
No idea if anywhere in #southampton is in stock. Chespest online is 80 or 90 - but all out of stock. Most retail seems 120. ouch..
This is the last Saturday morning with all the pubs - all except the one we're keeping are off to new homes :-(
RT @elizadushku: @JuddApatow there are many more followers where these came from.. I can Mind Control mens of tens of thousands. Tick tock
Thought that tweet from @elizadushku said it all really. Who's in charge //really// ...
@amandagolding It's positively afternoon here or so it seems. Ok only a 5am start today. Goota love #f1 :-)
Puppies not being too destructive. wonder if that will change when we only have one to keep - more boring (though mum is around)
@saltyF1 well there indeed is a question. I guess comprimise is a good skill to have? But so are standards/morales
help. just cleaned hands about 5 times in 5 minutes. Puppies deciding to poop everywhere
when they're in pen they're great. they use the mat 80% of time. When they're roaming they don't yet get it. Need to start laying down law!
Pups quiet. Time to worry. Nope it's fine, they're chewing on a toilet roll tube..
@ChrisHatch yeah I'll tell them they're banned from facebook and msn ;-)
#n900 boot loop. remove sd, battery - no good. reflash kernel - nope. Now reflashing rootfs So geeky there's so many options
@ericube I tried, didn't help sadly
@ericube After rootfs only (not eMMC, which I usually do for an upgrade) I have a desktop (and photos etc). wonder whats broke...
@ericube yep done now, albeit without my multiboot & android kernel setup. Oh can rescue my sim from old 6630 too
@ericube oh nd all my other apps gone. never mind, opportunity to have a clearout (although I hoped next flash was 1.3+meego!)
@littlecough I did say I'd try... sometime this w/end
quickly installed my first 277 packages after restore n-z later #n900
fina!y got home and tea with family aft5er sours looking for tv bracket and fixinigs for new toy. now #xfactor.delayed as usua!
rebecca was superb. very classy. #xfactor
mustg admit do sgtruggle watching cher. looks too thin.. she does know who she wants to be tho. good less my thing #xfactor
some good performances tonight. matt of course. like treyc still #xfactor
Favs still rebecca treyc matt cher #xfactor . Dont get aiden and not totally into katy. Think belle amie are improving. Wagner/ba bottom?
What was up with @konniehuq dismissing treyc in xtra #xfactor. Thought it was so rude after. Seriously she spoke to everyone else
Anyone else hear wagner in #xtra #xfactor ! ..
@noelrooney prog 6. Race 7
lots of rebecca love on xtra #xfactor tonight. Paloma gok and the other guy loving her.
Time to get some sleep shortly before the race tomorrow #f1
@Palomafaith lots of rebecca love on the panel there. Thought she was great tonight. And different. (Matt treyc also)
Looking forward to interesting race. Rain? Safety car? Bumps probably all


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment