Monday 18 October 2010

From Twitter 10-18-2010



pups very noisy today - sounds like seals by the sea!
@stevephotog I thouhgt it was an excellent device. pretty much just worked, only minor obs was that sensitivity seemed down on 3G cf handset
grateful for getting a sightly early night, but feeling sleepy. coffee at ready. london tomorrow so another early start
@etherealtype my last one was that puppies had escaped (ok so minor) but woke up so suddenly and felt bad/headache al day after it
@stevephotog compared to a tethering or dongle it was IMO by far the best soln.
@rachelclarkef1 :sounds lovey..
@McLaren_Fan @bobbyllew Same here. LV is an experience. should def go there. once. but could never rank as a fav
Coffee almost finished, several (work) emails done. Must be time to make lunch and head to gym in cold (and avoid ->work in 8-9am traffic)
pups even noisier now seeing me prep my lunch. I need to escape quick!
I just ousted @andypiper as the mayor of IBM on @foursquare! http://4sq.com/dsmZeA
bother - annoyed I left my office key at home.
came up to work cafeteria and there's another "roadshow" on today. I never remember as I don't often eat here. cars this time I think
what a total waste of time. Try to use a tool "XXX is temporarily unavailable". temporarily, really, it's ALWAYS going down. Arrgh
@andypiper am I really? I hadn't checked lately. Well it doesn't get me free coffee. Wonder if our suppliers would buy into that?
@sebmatthews I always keep mine in the car too ... when I remember ;-)
@ThreeUKLatest On 7 Oct you said "2 new masts planned for - 10/10 & 15/12, should improve both postcodes!" - wasn't sure which two
@ThreeUKLatest So pub (1km away) def boosted. seems v.localized but equally am sure our house is in a faraday cage. wondering whats on 15/12
watching some stands being setup re car leasing. Not convinced we really need balloons? Seems to be lots of paper too.
Listened to an interesting chat on twit this morning about plans to build Babbage's analytical engine - more at http://plan28.org/
Babbage's analytical engine sounds amazing - concepts of memory, cpu, it had output devices, was turing-complete (before turing). wow
Babbage on computers (his engine) "As soon as an Analytical Engine exists, it will necessarily guide the future course of the science. "
@ragtag :-)
RT @peregr1n: RIP Mandelbrot. Disturbing that the world's leading authority on chaotic systems believed our financial system is too comp ...
@jamestaulbut i guess at least it's only the pedal. Wife had a total failed clutch. Own car. Quite £££
@suziperry to watch tv on other devices, or apps/widgets that run on tv?
Finally en route to office after running laptop battery out sat in cafeteria.. Change of scene was nice for a change.
useful, productive morning. Now enjoying some lunch
My windows laptop is regularly (daily) loosing connectivity. Even with sep firewall disabled am suspicious its symantec uninstalling as test
annoying when a single site uses seperate passwords for forums vs main site. user confusion.
@ThreeUKLatest I dropped you a DM earlier about local postcode coverage changes ...
@jamestaulbut looking at my diary I see what you mean
Sitting down in a strangely empty auditorium hoping to listen to a wickedly interesting presentation. Where is everyone!
Anyone in hursley. You could be missing an interesting session...
Interesting talk by dr itiel dror on cognition. Must check out http://cci-hq.com some more. Good intellectual intermission for the day
@sxa555 @eric_anderson mine is pretty short. I loathe the big sigs esp with gfx. Even worse with animations. Autodelete mail rule?
@jamesfarrier if i do that i intentionally leave the address unfilled or corrupted just in case....
RT @guardianeco: UK government approves eight sites for new nuclear power stations http://bit.ly/aafpcN
@juwlz did you used to work here? visit?
@sxa555 I predict a bunch of spam followers to start hitting you about now...
@jgbreezer Oh joys guess where I'm off to tomorrow, in the rush hour. Can't wait :-( #tfl
Anyone parked at Soton Airport stn recently? Car park still restricted? Spaces at 730? 7? 630? thoughts...
@david_hay @angryjedi for the station - which car park? new one open? airport? I've not driven there for while (may still go from CF)
@amandagolding sorry to hear that. Hope soldier gets well soon.
@AndyBold I thought it was 10" (didn't MS want that) I think larger is def going into small laptop territory (Q: is the streak a phone?)
@david_hay okj sounds like there's some capacity then. I'll bear that in mind and figure if I'll go from CF or parkway. thx
@lipstickmiss they look so strange, though got my mum one for christmas and she thought it was really useful..
@cyberdoyle @nickgilbert_uk I guess power helps - emergency/power cut. though all have multiple devices/could build to terminal..
@cyberdoyle also tech is one thing, tariffs another. tho we have fttc still b/w limits/prices (backhaul). femto voda still charges
@juwlz ah really. The old "developments" mag. Remember that from a long time. There may be. Well it's still there & busy
@LukaSambuca depends if they're the kind of ones that don't mix with alcohol. I always check with dr. Hopefully they're not!
@LukaSambuca though you prob don't feel like the beer anyway? Hope you feel better..
can't believe how long it takes to upload/flash ddwrt via webUI. Doing a full cmd line reflash with bootp/tftp is quicker am sure!
Oh "upgrade successfull". Good. just using as temp fix for client adapter (connect to wifi, provides ethernet) for 'net enabled TV
... until I get around to drilling holes and hooking up to wired network
@cyberdoyle Yes my error on #fttc I did of course mean fttp
grr teenage (daughters) - never know what's happening until last moment. Grrr. deep breath. can cook dinner now.
@Middle8 they're good kids really, just can be frustrating sometime!
@dougedey all done now. configured as a client bridge - temporary fix to serve new TV arriving this week until I put the GBe in
Latest on thinkbroadband suggesting no @bebroadband #fttc until sometime 2011. Wonder if Jan or Dec. Dare I consider BT? Umm.. tough
@LukaSambuca Tricky.. only you can answer. If easy to get back give it a shot and come home if too much...
pretty impressive looking for £99 - orange san francisco http://bit.ly/cPdRqN. Not for me but android with chips?
@frontieruk well it's not for me., but with low price, payg it can only aid adoption of android
@sirsteveyoung yes, either probably
had pups out playing. they're so inquisitive... and a handful
s'pose I'd best check train times for tomorrow and decide drive/park vs walk/change. def will be a cold morn I reckon
@minxymoggy and people from very rich areas steal your economy? #France
@macie_sherwood there's definately something hardwired between women and chocolate (like men and beer :-) )
@AlexBlom 1st time visitor. I liked it. simple/clean, clear titles, social links/integration,personal, clear text, relevant pictures.
RT @eric_andersen: Whoa! Twitter's Terms of Use says they have full rights to all videos/photos you tweet!? http://j.mp/dg3Mbf /via @Avinio
fantastic quote from my daughter " i love how youtube teaches me more than my maths teacher does." - need to quiz her to find out more!
609 train and relax in coffee bar once in london, or 715 and dash (well not that bad) across london. Ummm.
@Tommy_Hill He did specifically say part of the blame lied with the government.. #HardTalk


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment