Friday 15 October 2010

From Twitter 10-15-2010



@sxa555 doesn't apply to TVs anyway
@sxa555 Now I find I can get the TV model I think I want £100 cheaper & with 5yr warranty if I don't mind a slight wood effect. errr. ->
@sxa555 "black" surround (a little grey) http://amzn.to/bCF0fJ "wood" http://bit.ly/dvZ22V (links for ref) - latter adds pvr too...
@sxa555 those links were just for pictures - lots of places have it
@expansysuk Does Samsung TV UE46C6620 have 5yr manuf.warranty. most(all?) places offering on this particular model? http://bit.ly/d5KFrv
last day of week. Always in 2 minds. would like another day to get more stuff done - honest!. On the otherhand ITS THE WEEKEND tomorrow ;-)
thought the puppies had gone quiet. Monkeys had pulled some kitchen roll in from outside their pen and were unravelling it/playing. Arrgh
A quality note if I say so myself. Factual. Assertive. influential. considerate. helpful.timely. forward looking yep read/review -> sending.
wondering what parking at southampton airport (stn) is like given restrctions. when should I get there by 7? 730? too late?
@macie_sherwood Oh er.. exciting - how did you manage that then?
FT.com / Companies / Travel & Leisure - US owners close to defeat in battle for Liverpool http://t.co/UAhcU9f via @Digg
@macie_sherwood so is that the gadget show live? I wondered if you were yet another new presenter or something ;-)
@macie_sherwood I really should enter the competition. Ok it's £1.50 a pop but seriously. drool... #tgs
put #spotify on to try the "radio". totally unimpressed playlists mostly small # artists. Is it really that bad. #lastfm works better
Just been reminded that the puppy's poo is nice and healthy
wondered why interactive net stuff to work slow. Oh yes I'd started itunes. Downloading at about 4 Mbps (my max speed). Ah.
wish itunes had support for bw throttling. May argue that's a router function, but would be easier...
one issue is as local net is 1Gbps internet traffic barely registers on any tools/graphs (default scale 1 Gbps)
@xplane0202 #itunes freezes frequently. I keep meaning to try finding something better. #fail
4 Mbps is far far too slow :-(
disabling "allow simultanous downloads" in itunes helps.. time for some router qos rules for itunes. Except that's nigh on impossible...
@xplane0202 need to look at podcasts too #songbird #spotify
@anotherproblem 4 Mb/s (bits)- <500 kB/s
@anotherproblem That's fine -- I was purely referring to 4 Mb/s being too slow. 40 Mb/s (= overhead) ie #fttc would be appreciated
@anotherproblem That's fine -- I was purely referring to 4 Mb/s being too slow. 40 Mb/s (= overhead) ie #fttc would be appreciated
@polleetickle Actually on O2 LLU/unlimited-- the 4 Mb/s limit is due to my 4.7km/61dB line. Lucky to squeeze this much #techy #fact
@polleetickle @anotherproblem #fttc cabs live soon.prefer @bebroadband / @skyhd 2 @BTCare as usage increase HD streaming= > 300Gb/mth
@polleetickle @anotherproblem it's not that 300Gb is that bad (170 currently) but hitting limit means 1 Mbps for 30 days. Risk! #techy #fact
bother. I closed an app without saving. now it may take hours to regenerate its results
@polleetickle @anotherproblem One other point worth noting. Only large ISP offering half decent price/limits is @BTCare currently #fttc
@polleetickle @anotherproblem My thoughts from Sep http://bit.ly/9c0GNG - hopefully recent ofcom ruling may see other ISPs rolling out
@anotherproblem bits and bytes..
@anotherproblem and protocol overhead a little. (think a layer or two of russian dolls)
puppies roaming kitchen outside pen. This is fun ....
mum definately not comfortable with pups being outside pen (and almost attacking her trying to feed).
@dianeshipley We've done 2 handsets through #mazuma. Really smooth process. would def recommend
RT @Tuesdaytweetup: Next #tweetup: Tues 2nd Nov. Central Soton venue to be decided. Attending? Let me know I'll add you to the list. htt ...
Just realised I'm now over the 1000 mark - 1001 :-). Special thx to @polleetickle for being #1001 - I think #1000 is a bot.
Realised will miss #xfactor tomorrow - but think we have a friends party. Hopefull they won't have tv on. hate 1/2 watching something.
@OzoneVibe nah it will be sky+ later #xfactor
@Sheridan01 I wonder how many use pc sw now. I guess many do though with my N900 I rarely do.
@iainduncani I agree on the streaming aspects though I'd miss a "large" screen in a comfy place (only 32" crt but prob about to upgrade)
@Hedgewytch I think I need to consolidate all my music to another app. I keep getting frustrated with itunes
@Sheridan01 I connect to copy data occasionally (backups, photos, music) but tend to access as drive then use fav apps
@Sheridan01 On SMS I rarely send fom pc. occasionally use web service. But dont send loads even from phone - which has kbd anyway
@Sheridan01 I think though with android for example there's more focus on cloud services - I find that approach more easy than tied to pc
@Amy_Walker Just read that tweet. Had to comment.Oh really..
@GadgetPolly did you get av sync issues - do you have hdmi to tv & optical to surround amp? Am just u/grading and realised this pain
I've subscribed to AVForumsTV's channel on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/user/AVForumsTV?feature=autoshare
@macie_sherwood if i won say 40k i would have to be sensible. But if it all came in gadgets would have to keep!
twitter api misbehaving? maybe just me
@shellk1984 seems to be working again in last 20 mins..
@Pinkgineer cool. Would love to see the us show on here. Is it much different.
@ShiploverUK where are you off to? I would love to take qm (probably back from nyc).
@mike_griffin_f1 its not just the device. Its the community, developer enablement, sizzle. I dont have iphone but was using symbian ...
@mike_griffin_f1 2004-2010. But it never developed imo in last few years and lost the plot to android/ios. I have n900 so like nokia but
@mike_griffin_f1 not convinced even ^3 does it..
@mike_griffin_f1 one of my concerns is upgradeability. Both ios and android offers this to some extent.With nokia devices ship and forgetful
@mike_griffin_f1 think ppl expect more pc like in-service updates.


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment