Tuesday 12 October 2010

From Twitter 10-12-2010



Good gym session. Today should be more normal and feeling better
must blog / add link about it later, but saw great video (podcast, gym) about "esolar" - thermal solar power . Very cool. more later..
and in other news. tv hunt - 3d plasma (image retention), edge lcd (poor contrast/stability). Looking at LG next for zoned led backlighting
m.check.in + microb geolocation plugin on #N900 is such a pain when no gps lock. it waits/waits/waits...
one interesting aspect of #esolar was the focus (ha ha!) on the software to control mirrors/heat for thermal gen. Very interesting
@lesanto for "usability" it's going to end up lcd. but am now on the hunt for a "local dimming" model not edge-lit. LG perhaps.
@lesanto actually ordered, then cancelled a plasma. Can't control environment well enough with kids/family esp for IR/burn etc.
So easy to use. very important. RT @geekcomputers: Three Mi-Fi just won work gadget of the year..yeah baby (via @GadgetPolly) @ThreeUkLatest
Smelling all lemon-y in here. Cleaner's just cleaned my office
good to be home - spent some time puppy cuddling and then some puppy photos.
RT @sxa555: @planetf1: Seen this? RT @BenedictEvans: http://n8fail.tumblr.com/ N8 fail blog. Nokia continues to plumb new depths in UI d ...
@sxa555 Some fair points there -- could apply to other app/platform s of course. I've given up keeping track
@sxa555 But whilst the #nokia #n8 hw (camera) looks great, I can't get excited about symbian. ^3 looks little different.
@lesanto They re huge in lcd panels though, 2nd to samsung, and supply 70% of apple's lcds it seems...
Think kids may be a bit frustrated I haven't ordered a new TV yet.
Wonderful, another puppy poo. They're ever so good though. it was in "right place" again.. (70% hit?)
@guisedugal Nice idea for @skyhd . I wish the EPG could do conflict resolution ie look for repeats on +1/alternate channels ie if 3 recs
@skyhd Like Windows Media Center does..
@jayegan Don't start me on that. How long have you got! Actually ordered a plasma but bottled out as I can't control the content(burn etc).
@jayegan so prob an LCD 46". Ideally want full LED backlit with local dimming. Hardly any sets do this. Found a £1200 sharp & LG ..
@jayegan Not convinced by the "edge" lit LEDs (ie samsung ue46C6530 - bleed. May just go for non-LED samsung LE46c650
@vixisabel not quite so good with wees, but they've been pretty good since.. well for ever. surprised. (they have an area+"pad")
RT @eliseosalazar: For my friends outside Chile. Miners rescue to start in less than 2 hours. Chilean president already there
So the chilean miners are coming out soon - hope all goes well. that must have been tough for families/miners
@jayegan I found this 47LE8900 but not sure on reliability. Has array of 240 white leds behind panel, with local dimming to improve blacks
@jayegan but lots changing. sony adding google tv, 3D more popular so anything out of date quick. So may just go lower end
@jayegan I like watching in darkened room, so led bleed tends to bug me. I think the dimmable LCDs could at least be much better for this
@lookatbowen I'm hooked to hw keyboard so find I can't use it. Still on witter which I can whinge about but it's best there.(thanks daniel!)
@jayegan I see it as gimmick. Not convinced. I did try the samsung plasma (better for 3D) and it was surprisingly good
@jayegan Whilst the glasses are ok for special events, it's too tedious for regular watching (though I wear glasses.)
@jayegan wonder when we'll get contact lenses that can work as polarized shutter glasses for 3d tv... ;-)
@Booooothman I've not used an N8, but that's the feeling I've had with each new S60 revision. Always seems to under-deliver and not excite
@Booooothman N95 8Gb was high point
@jayegan another good thing about LG - their promo vids focus on the #f1 sponsorship!
@Booooothman it's just so ... meh...
@Booooothman I know. sad. Son now has android, but been noticing lots of annoyances (2.1). Makes me like my #n900 more...
@Booooothman it's always going to be better next time... but to me it's like 3 strikes and out. lost interest in symbian
@Booooothman hero? Thats what @xplane0202 and it is a tad slow at times. quite a few bugs too.
pretty neutral. doesn't really do anything for me..(YouTube http://youtu.be/EHlN21ebeak?a)
RT @dsilverman: Digg apologizes for upgrading its site, plans to revert some features. http://rww.to/9iVqgP
Was there a 71 degrees north toniht. Watching week before last ep. Then just one other on sky+ ...
@sxa555 didn't really do anything for me
@listen_to_dom Just noticed the same thing. Sky news IMO has gone downhill/tacky,
@lukehmuse def. pitlane for me... #f1
RT @Tuesdaytweetup: Next #tweetup: Tues 2nd Nov. Central Soton venue to be decided. Attending? Let me know I'll add you to the list. htt ...
@kkir @Kkirgirl Simple fix for sky users. Press "CH+ twice" ;-)
Missed start of #f1 chat but having whole team at even adds SO MUCH to the atmosphere of the event. Close to action, remote studio=#fail IMO
@mike_griffin_f1 I plan to be there at the #f1 @F1Badger London meetup . @OzoneVibe and @sxa555 also coming up from southampton 7th Nov
@Thrinne1 shame there's no # for this discussion, but 1000% - it's what makes it the event it is (for me) #f1


Tweets copied by twittinesis.com


No comments:

Post a Comment